Adrenaline Rush pt 2

It has been a few weeks since you left the hospital and have most of your voice back. It would sometimes cut out on words but the pain was gone which was good. You and Loki would hang out almost everyday becoming really close friends. It seemed like Loki forgot about your date but you surly didn't. You wanted to wait till you were fully healed. The unsightly bruises still covered your neck and you were self conscious about them. You started to wear scarves and modified your racing suit to have a high neck which was a good thing, more protection in case you would crash on the track. Loki was very curious about cars and racing that he would accompany you when you would do maintenance on your car or practices.

You were tinkering with the engine when Loki walked into the garage. "Hey (Y/N) what are you toying with now?" He asks leaving over the engine bay like you. "Oh hi Loki." You say getting up wiping the oil on your hands on your coveralls. "I was just making some intake adjustments to get more speed." Loki just stares at you blankly before a smirk appeared. "What?" "You got a little something." He says pointing to the oil nose. You hand him a kinda clean rag from your pocket, "wanna help a girl out?" You giggle as he takes the rag. "Of course my dear." He gently rubs the oil off before giving you a light kiss. You try to go for a hug but he gently keeps you at arms length. "Ah Ah you are dirty." He teases. You roll your eyes and close the hood of your car. "Is that it then? All ready to go for your race this weekend?" "Yep that should be it." This was your first race since you were attacked but you were excited to get back into the game. You also felt a whole lot safer with Loki around. He may have been thin and tall but damn was he ripped and intimidating. "So what do you want to do for the rest of the day?" He hums following you out of the garage. "Remember that date we were supposed to go on? Well want to do that tonight?" You smiled up at him waiting to see if he remembered. "Oh yeah I almost forgot you did agree to my date offer." He chuckles as you both walk to your cars. "Want to pick me you about 7?" "Sounds good to me. See you then (Y/N)." You wave as Loki drives away with a huge grin on his face.

You hop in the shower to wash off all the oil and grime from the garage before getting ready. You slip into a short green chiffon dress paired with a black leather jacket, gold earrings and heels. You skip the necklace not wanting to bring attention to your fading bruises. You do your hair and makeup just the way you like it when you hear a knock at the door. You pick up your bag before opening the door. Loki was in a all black suit with gold cuff links with emeralds encrusted on them. He had flowers and gently passed them over to you. "Wow (Y/N) you look stunning." "You look great too Loki. Thanks for the flowers." You say smelling them before setting them in a vase near the door. "Ready to go darling?" He purrs offering his arm. "Yeah let's go." You say locking your door and taking his arm. He helps you into his car and drives to the restaurant. "You got to let me look at your car Loki. Something doesn't sound right." You say listening carefully to the subtle rattle of the engine. "Oh my car is fine. It's not some fine tuned race machine like yours." He chuckles placing a hand on yours. In that moment the car stalls and leaves you stuck in the middle of the road. "No no no. This can't be happening." He whines trying to get the car to turn on. "It's dead Loki we got to push it." You say getting out of the car ready to push. "(Y/N) please I can push you steer." He looks at you with pleading eyes knowing this date isn't going according to plan. "If you say so." You shrug and get into the drivers seat. You put the car into gear and guide it to the side of the road. You pop the hood and take a look. "Ummmm when was the last time you had an oil change Loki?" "Not since I bought it." Your eyes widen and you turn to him trying not to lose your mind. "You're supposed to get those done every 5000 miles. I'm not going to be able to fix this here. You got to get it towed." "Oh it's that bad?" He asks innocently not understanding the gravity of his problem. "Yes it's that bad. You're not going to have a car for a few days." You sigh as you shut the hood and rest against it. Loki calls a tow truck and tells them to take it to your garage.

You open the garage up and guide the car into the empty bay next to your race car. "Sorry our date didn't go to plan (Y/N). He says defeatedly. "Well the night it still young. Wanna go for a ride." You smirk pointing over to your race car. "You sure? Shouldn't it wait till your race?" "It will be fine. Let's go." You say playfully pulling him to the car. He gets in as you rummage through your stuff for an extra helmet. You hand it over to him and check his restraints to make sure he's buckled in correctly. As you were leaning over him he places a soft kiss on your temple. "Thanks cutie." You giggle as you sit in your spot buckling yourself in. "No thank you." He coos as he puts on his helmet.

You drive to the nearest practice track to find it oddly deserted. "It's like they knew we were coming." Loki says through the helmet. "Yeah they didn't want to get their butt kicked before race day." You say fixing your hair to get your helmet on. "Test test." You say in your microphone. "Hear you loud and clear my sweet." Loki says into his mic giving you a thumbs up. With that you take off on the track as Loki is forced to the back of his seat. You laugh as you quickly make the turns and Loki's nails dig into the arm rests. You hit a little hill that gives you a little air before the tires slam back down in the ground. Loki is now screaming as you continue to laugh as the car hits its top speed. Feeling Loki has had enough you slow down and come to a stop after passing the finish line.

"What's the matter, too fast for you?" You tease as you take off your helmet. When your face was exposed you feel Loki's lips crash against yours. He gently nibbles at your bottom lip asking for entrance and you comply. The kiss deepens as you feel his hand rub your thigh. You break for air staring into each others eyes. "Wow." You breath. "I've been waiting forever to do that." Loki pants as he tries to unbuckle his restraints. You giggle and help him out. "That was an intense adrenaline rush. But please don't do that again babe." He says running his hands through his hair. You crawl into his lap and kiss his trembling lips as he comes down from his rush. His hands go to your hips as he pulls you closer to him. You break the kiss and rest your forehead on his. "Loki?" "Yes cutie." "Would you want to go on another date with me?" You ask looking into his big green eyes. "Of course. Oh (Y/N)?" "Yes?" "Would you want to be my girlfriend?" He asks as you rest your head in the nook of his neck. "Of course. I wouldn't mind a cheerleader at my races." You giggle. "I will be the most obnoxious cheerleader. I'll make a sign and everything." He hums gently rubbing your back. "I'll even rub your wins in the faces of the guys who doubt you. Like ha my girlfriend kicked your butt." You laugh and hug him closer to you. "I would love that."

You bring the race car back to the garage and head back home with Loki. "Would you like to stay here since your car is dead?" You ask opening your door and setting down your bag. "Only if you want me to stay. I don't want to be a bother." He says following you to the couch. "You're never a bother Loki." You give him a soft kiss before sitting down to take off your heels. "Were would you like me to sleep?" "Um the bed of course." You laugh as you lead him to your room. "I'm going to put on pajamas. So no peaking." Loki covers his eyes and faces away from you. You undress and get ready for bed. "Ok your turn." You say getting under the blankets. "No peaking." Loki teases as you cover your eyes. He strips down to his boxers and gets into the bed. He cuddles you close to him as he nuzzles his face into your hair. "Goodnight (Y/N)" he rasps as fatigue takes over his body. "Goodnight cheerleader." You giggle before falling asleep.