Chapter 6: The Dark Side (Anakin's POV)

"I... I see." The chancellor said rubbing his temple. "Anakin. What lengths will you go to, to get her back?"

"I will do anything to get her back. Anything." I replied with hatred in my eyes.

"You would even betray all the jedi, including your master?"

I looked to the side, letting a tear escape before looking back at the chancellor with even more rage in my eyes.

"Yes."

He nodded his head and paused. "I can help you, Anakin."

"You can? How?"

"I can teach you the ways of the dark side. You will need the great power that the dark side offers in order to find (y/n). Even if Windu doesn't tell you where she is, the dark side of the force can aid you in finding her. And so can I." He stood up, walking over to my chair. "Do you want to learn the powers I speak of?"

"y-yes.." I kneeled onto the ground, fearing the choice I was about to make. But knowing that it was my best option at finding the love of my life. "I pledge myself... To your teachings."

The chancellor smiled. "Good... I will bestow upon you a name carried only by a true sith... Your name will be, Darth Vader."

"Thank you, master."

"Rise lord Vader. I have a task that I need you to carry out for me before I teach you. It will prove your loyalty to me."
"I will do whatever you ask." I replied while I rose to my feet.

"First, let's set a little trap for Master Windu. Once we deal with him, I want you to go to the Jedi temple and wipe out every Jedi that you see."

I nodded. "What is this trap you have in mind?"

"Tell him that you found out about my little secret. He will come here to my office, most likely with a few other Jedi in tow. We will defeat them together, and attempt to get information out of Windu."

"Yes, my master."

I bowed to Palpatine and left to go back to the temple. I hope this plan works.

»»————- ★ ————-««

I found Master Windu on the landing platform, looking troubled.

"Master Windu."

"Anakin, I am not in the mood to speak right now." He snapped.

"This is important. I have just learned a terrible truth. I think Chancellor Palpatine is a sith lord."

"A sith lord?"

"Yes. He told me just now that he knows the dark side."

"This is troubling. Master Yoda is currently on Kashyyk, and Obi-Wan just left to deal with General Grevious. I must gather whomever I can to defeat the Chancellor. Stay here until we return."

He hurried off and left me alone on the platform. I smiled to myself, knowing that karma would soon come to him.

»»————- ★ ————-««

Palpatine wanted me to wait a little bit before coming in to his office to aid him. He wanted to take care of the other masters by himself.

I've been hiding in a compartment outside of his office, listening to everything that went on in that room. I heard several lightsabers whipping through the air, and one by one, the chancellor took the masters down. Now I only heard the sound of two lightsabers clashing. That was my cue.

I walked in to find Windu disarmed, and my new master pointing his lightsaber at Windu's neck.

"Anakin, help!" Windu cried out.

I smiled then ignited my lightsaber. I looked at Palpatine and he was smiling too. Together, we pointed our lightsabers at him, showing a united front.

"Anakin? What are you doing?" Windu asked, puzzled.

"Where is (y/n)?" I demanded.

"You... You are her lover, aren't you?" Windu realized.

"Yes. Now tell me. Where. Is. (y/n)?!" I ordered.

"No.. I won't tell you. You will never find her."

Windu started laughing and my hatred completely took over me. With one swing of my lightsaber, Windu was dead, and I had officially transitioned to the dark side.

There was a long pause before the chancellor began to speak.

"You passed your first test lord Vader. Now feed your hatred, let it grow within you. My troops will accompany you to the temple. Destroy the Jedi, and I will help you find the one you love. Destroy the Jedi, and we will bring balance to the force, and peace to the galaxy."

I nodded and headed towards the door when faintly heard him say "The time has come. Execute Order 66."