CHAPTER TWO: First Day On The Job

Guiding me to the cleaning closet, William tells me an extremely brief history of the restaurant franchise. I don't know why, but, even though I've known him for such a short period of time, I feel calm and relaxed around my new co-worker. We grab the cleaning solution and cloths, making our way to the tables we mostly remain in silence.

"You take this half of the room and I'll take the other half?" I suggest.

"Good idea, Y/n." William smiles.

A good twenty minutes later, my coworker and I finish cleaning the tables and chairs. Two parties are booked today so we set up a table in the main dining hall and one in the private party room.

One at a time the animatronic mascots burst into life. We start with Foxy, and then move on to the main three. To be honest, it was one of the easiest tasks I've ever seen; just push some buttons and pull a lever for each mascot.

Freddy's is ready to open to the public.

Before we unlock any doors however, William asks me to join him in his office for a quick moment. He sits down at his desk as I close the door, I then rest myself in the chair opposite him - my heart beating fast.

"Great start this morning, Y/n. I can tell you'll soon become a valued member of the Fazbear family. Now, Henry will be popping in today to check in on you and making sure that you've got a good work ethic and I doubt that you don't." William says, smiling proudly. "There is one thing that I want you to know before the customers come in: I think you're going to do great."

That's not what you wanted to tell me is it? I can tell by looking at your eyes. Something's troubling you. You can talk to me, I won't judge you.

"Thanks." I grin. "Now let's open the doors!"

•••••••Time Skip••••••

The birthday parties have both finished and I can't help but to keep feeling William's eyes on me. My heart can't seem to take it but I have to relax. I begin to wander about what William might have really wanted to tell me the morning. My thoughts are cut off by the sound of his voice cutting through the unusual silence in Pirate Cove.

"She's been as good as gold. My wife would love her!" William says to the mystery man with him, the two of them laughing.

"Oh dear." He says between bursts of laughter. "Is that her there?" He points to me.

"You betcha." The two men walk towards me. "Hello Y/n, I'd like you to meet a long time friend of mine. Y/n, this is Henry Emily, my business partner for the franchise."

I shake Henry's hand. "Please to meet you sir. William, I never knew that you co-owned this place."

"Yep, this and the original diner." Henry responds. "He's quite the man, no wander his wife fell for him so easily."

Tell me about it... Wait! Wife?! Great, way to go, Y/n. Always shooting for the ones always taken.

Henry, William and I talk for around three-quarters of an hour in Pirate Cove.

••••••Time Skip••••••

The end of my first day arrives and I drive myself home free saying goodbye to William and Henry.

After that, I reach my room and collapse on my bed...