Chapter 63: Will You Listen?

Yamato walked off of the railing before (Y/n) could pull him off of the dangerous ledge. She had anticipated he would plummet to his death and so she disregarded her own safety, leaning over the railing and grabbing onto his hand. He was extremely heavy, his strong form weighing heavily against him at that moment. He didn't attempt to claw his way to safety, glaring at her for stopping him.

"Please, stop this," the girl begged, trying to pull him up but straining herself to do so, "Hurry and grab onto the tile before you slip!"

The boy looked at her with a blank expression, turning his head down to see the still large distance beneath him then stared back into her eyes. She pleaded with him over and over to help himself and come back to the balcony. Eventually, he grabbed onto her wrist, appearing to try to climb up, but he paused before opening his mouth, his deep voice piercing the girl's ears.

"What was that about not having strong feelings towards me?" he asked, not a trace of emotion in his voice nor his face.

"Shut up and get up here!" she scolded him, "I don't want you to die!"

"Then you want me to live."

"Y-Yes?"

He began to think silently, shielding his thoughts from the girl by controlling his body language. When he finally opened his mouth, he closed it once more, rethinking what to say. Then he let go of her wrist, making her hand the only thing that kept him from great harm. So her eyes widened and she struggled to hold him up, her strength weakening.

"If I talk, will you listen?" he asked suddenly, his tone demanding an answer.

"Sure, whatever!"

He let his smile be visible and grabbed onto the ledge of the balcony, relieving the girl from supporting him. He swung his legs over the railing and picked her up, carrying her over his shoulder as he walked down the hall. He opened the last door in the hall, inputting a pincode of one digit and slammed the door behind him. He threw her on the bed and walked to the other side of the room, picking up an expensive brush decorated with jewels and ancient etchings of a language in the far past.

He then sat on the bed, his weight pressing the mattress down and sending (Y/n) off-balance into his arms. Without speaking, he brushed out her hair for the second time that day, and when he was satisfied with it, he put in a braided bun. He seemed to take great care in ensuring it was well done and as he finished, he placed the brush back on the table he took it from. When he came back to the bed, he laid down and hooked his arm around the girl's waist, tugging her to himself.

He fiddled with the yukata the girl was wearing, admiring it without showing it on his face. When he tired of the action, he grabbed her head and shoved it into the crook of his neck, taking a certain pride in it. Letting out a large sigh, he placed his hand on her stomach, making her blush in insecurity. She pushed his hand away but he only restrained her hands with one hand as he continued to stroke her stomach, letting a hum out.

"You said you'd listen," he reminded her, "You will, won't you?"

"Obviously," she said, twisting her hands out of his grasp.

He chuckled at her ability to escape from him, but at the same time, felt frustration in his chest. He allowed her to push his hand away from her stomach, but in return, he pulled her closer to him and placed her hand on his chest. She rolled her eyes though she allowed him to enjoy the feeling only for as long as he talked.

"What's bothering you?" she grumbled.

"My mother's bothering me," he answered, shrugging.

"Aw, you poor baby," she mumbled sarcastically.