Universe 4: Swan Dive

(Edited)

(Yo! Future author here. Sorry if this came off a little (or a lot) biased against Bakugo. He's not my favorite, but I don't hate him as much as this chapter might have conveyed. I'm not a Bakugo hater. I was just trying to make the reactions realistic.)

If you didn't see my warning in the last chapter, I'm going to warn you again. This is a suicidal Deku AU, so there will most likely be themes that some people might find triggering. There are obviously themes of suicide and depression, and attempts to act on those themes. Just a warning so nobody yells at me in he comments.

Another warning. This is going to be ridiculously long.

Maze wiped her tears. She had to be strong for the audience.

"Let's get started."

The screen remained dark for a time, Midoriyas voice once again narrating over it. "I'm gonna spare you all of that bullshit about how heroes came about and 80% of the population having superpowers, and all that stuff."

"Uh oh he's cursing. That's not a good sign." Sero said.

"You know I can curse in this universe to right?" Midoriya asked him.

"Ha ha don't make jokes like that Midoriya!" Mina exclaimed.

"Well frick you too then." Midoriya retaliated.

There was a loud collective gasp throughout the room.

"He said it. I thought it was just a myth." Kami whispered.

"Izuku I freaking swear I thought you were actually going to curse for a second." Inko sighed.

"What do you mean?" The son asked.

"Well there was that one time you stubbed your toe and cursed loud enough for the neighbors to hear it." She reminded him.

"O-oh yeah."

"Wait he can actually physically curse?" Sero asked in disbelief.

"No way." Jiro crossed her arms.

"Ok I like how y'all are trying to be funny but trust me now's not the time." Maze said, finally coming down from the ceiling and floating in the back of the room. The students and Inko all shut up, looking forward at the screen again.

"I'm getting a bad feeling." Midnight muttered.

"Me too." Present Mic whispered back.

"Well I'm quirkless. If you aren't quirkless then you can never get what it's like."

"So Midoriyas quirkless in this universe?" Aizawa asked.

"Yeah." Maze answered. Both Midoriya and All Might were sweating.

Don't worry. She said to them. I'll keep your secret safe.

They looked a little surprised that Maze knew their secret in the first place, but were grateful.

"Not all men are created equal. I learned that at the age of 4."

An image came on the screen of a playground.

"Shit." Bakugo muttered.

"Don't judge people for what you see in the screen, even though a lot of this actually happened." Maze gazed at Bakugo darkly.

"What's going to happen? Deku?" Uraraka looked over at the green haired boy next to her, who was looking even more nervous.

"D-Do we really have to see this?" Midoriya stuttered, grabbing anxiously at his arm rests.