31 |

🖤 PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE 🖤

It had been exactly three day's since I had taken someone's life.

Similarly to the last time I had retrieved and absorbed a soul, something about me had changed. This time my body had became more lean, more muscled.

I was stronger.

Like a warrior.

I haven't been able to stomach anything down. Anytime food comes near me, my stomach churns and I just see the bloody body of the wolf laying on the floor. My appetite was just completely gone.

Currently, I was in bed just laying down and looking at the ceiling of my bedroom. I was back at my apartment, and Lenna had come by a few times. She brought me things. Ice cream. Warm pajamas. A teddy bear.

She didn't even know what happened —she didn't need to. That's what best friends are for.

I had to tell Isaac everything. I think watching me slit a wolf's throat traumatized him almost as much as it did me, and we took comfort in each other. Strictly friendly, but I was glad to have someone to talk to about everything. Klayton and I were barely on speaking turns due to his allegiance with Artemis and not me. It hurt me, and being away from him hurt just as equally.

Our bond had just been restored by Eleanor —the witch— and I didn't even know how to talk to the man at this point.

Of course, he tried to talk to me.

In fact, after Isaac had came to my rescue he wanted to take me straight to Klayton's. Me, even being the one all bloodied and broken, instantly refused. I needed to be away from him. I also made Isaac promise not to reveal anything to Klayton because I knew if he had found out he would come bursting through my apartment door —something I really did not want right now.

I would tell Klayton everything on my own terms.

Also, it turns out, the sinister wolf had taken me to the basement of the school. Just as the witch —Eleanor— had warmed me. Almost as if she had foreshadowed it and warned me of its existence. The thought made me shudder.

There had been rumors of its existence, but the student body had collectively agreed it was just that —rumors. The club we had been at earlier that night wasn't that far from it, and Isaac told me he had a weird intuition I would be there after I had left for the washroom and hadn't turned up several minutes later.

I guess I would really have to thank Destiny for that one, although I probably wouldn't ever have been in this predicament if it weren't for her...

The items the wolf had brought back with him after having stabbed me were for my disposal. The thought made all the colour drain from my face, knowing to him I would just be another body to bury. Like Hana. Like everyone else he had killed for Artemis.

My body had healed almost completely at this point. As I had absorbed another soul, my body had become stronger and in doing so, it healed at a faster length. I was undoubtedly supernatural now...

I pull the covers over my head, aiming to drown out the sunlight making its way through the sides of my curtains. I just wanted to stay here forever.

My phone buzzes and I ignore it, thinking it's again Klayton. He had already come to my apartment but I had told Isaac to ensure he leaves; I needed to distance myself from him no matter how badly the bond was screaming at me not to.

The buzzing continue and I frown. Groaning, I get out from under my warm blankets and grab my phone from the nightstand.

Klayton.