A Never Resting Job

*A couple weeks later*

Life had moved on, but not completely. Not much changed. SHIELD, Avengers. My abdomen finally healed up, only leaving scars. My throat was just a small scar now as well. My wrists stayed a light purple.

I guess my 'power' or whatever couldn't heal bruises so much as other things.

I woke with a jump this morning when I heard a loud booming voice and very loud footsteps. They sounded more like large, pounding boots.

I threw myself out of bed. I was only wearing small, grey, cottony shorts and an extra large shirt that read 'Led Zeppelin' with holes in it. It covered my shorts. It was something I wore often since it was pretty comfortable.

I ran out of my room with eyes blurry from sleep and hair that was a braided mess on my shoulder.

"Thor?" I asked, confused.

"Ah, Lady Tiana. I was looking for the Captain." he said. He seemed cheery but angry.

"W-what are you doing here?" I asked as I wiped sleep from my dull eyes.

"It's Loki."

"Loki?" asked Natsha, walking over from the other hall. She stays on the floor above me but I guessed she probably took the stairs. "I thought he was in prison in Asguard."

"He..escaped." he said almost guiltily.

---

Everyone gathered shortly after in the little main living room kitchen thing.

"And I thought I was finally going to have a good nights sleep without Romeo and Juliet slamming around." scoffed Tony.

I rolled my eyes. "Says you Mr. Playboy." I shot back.

He laughed and shrugged.

"So..how did this happen exactly?" asked Steve, getting back on track.

"He is the God of Mischief after all." he said with a cringe.

I chuckled a bit before getting up to make coffee. I yawned deeply. I've never met Loki but I could tell he was quite the handful.

"I figured his first move might be on the Earth again. I wanted to be safe. None of my people could track him."

"So he's..gone?" asked Buck.

"...Yes." said Thor.

"I'll call Clint over here." said Natasha.

"I'll get Fury." sighed Tony.

"Oh, he won't like that. I can tell you what he will. We can't assemble the Avengers. The world kind of hates us. UN is planning to split us and take control. It's dangerous and we should let SHIELD handle it." I tried to mock Fury. I went back to my normal voice. "I sure as hell ain't going to listen to that."

"I'll agree to that." said Nat.

"And I can drink to that too." said Tony, lifting a glass of whiskey.

"It's 5 in the morning." I scoffed.

"Never too early." he said before gulping it down. 

"Call Clint. Just Clint. We'll make a plan and be discreet." said Steve. Just about everyone nodded.

---

Clint arrived at the tower looking tired. I felt bad he had to leave his family again.

"Okay, what's the game plan?" he asked.

"We need to get him before he tries to strike Earth or any other planet. First, we'll have to find him." said Steve sighing.

"He'll try and get the scepter. We can lure him in." said Nat.