Chapter 166: Eternal Millennium of Cosmic Dusk II

Why?

Why?

Why did we fail to be with one another over and over?

Why did he hurt me when all he wanted to do was protect me? 

I relived our lifetimes through his eyes, heard his thoughts, felt everything that he felt. The torment of losing the one you loved with your every being, failing them and even hurting yourself tremendously as you inflict the same pain onto them. 

Fate may have been entertained by it all.

But for me, it's too painful.

Someone, please take the devastating linger away.

I don't want to know any more.

He's traumatized from witnessing my death every lifetime, and I'm too hurt to forgive him for all that's happened. 

I loved him so dearly only to be repaid with betrayal and repudiation. He loved me only to become the beholder of my death and destruction.

I can only laugh now at the absurdity of it all.

We were running around trying to prove something to each other, trying to dissuade the people who wanted to pry us apart.

It didn't matter in the end.

We failed far too many times. It's as if the universe is telling us to stop yearning. 

Only no laughter can articulate out from my mouth. It's repressed by the harrowing lament of heartbreak. Endless tears drown my eyes, falling down the sides of my face. 

My body writhes along with the uncontrollable sobbing. I just want to let it out. I'm done trying to be strong, trying to believe that I'm over everything that's happened.

Even after all these years, I'm still hurting so much.

Because I felt so much warmth, love and acceptance from the same person who I struggled time and time again to be with. I'm also conflicted with intense hatred and grief. 

I didn't care to think about things on his side because I was blinded by anguish. While keeping me in the dark, he hid his own suffering.

Mu Dan would have been happy with Wu Yi Huai knowing that her parents were both dead because of his father's political greed. Mu Dan would have accepted it and continued to love him no matter what. 

How could they take Wu Yi Huai away from me? How could they subjugate him to the thoughts of killing me to get him to leave? Wu Yi Huai, you didn't have to shoulder everything alone. I don't want to blame you because I know I couldn't do anything to help take the burden away. 

Your abandonment brought upon the most excruciating sorrow that would forever leave a scar.

Mingxian would have lived well without her sight. She only wished to help others who were cast aside like how she was. In her fiery heart, she'd hope that the path she walked would be shared with Kong Shuguang. 

How could he be so foolish? How could he hurt himself and expect me to be happy with the results? I can live without ever seeing a single sunset. All I wanted to do was hear his laughter.

Kong Shuguang, I fell in love with you because of your genuine, kind heart. You encouraged me to practice medicine when others had no faith in my skills. 

Your efforts to help me actually caused my death, caused me to leave you.

Luo Na Li didn't know how to love. She only showed her cold, callous side to everyone, but Lu Kai was the only person to know her true heart. He stayed by her side, loving her in secret. 

I'm sorry I pushed you away, Lu Kai. I'm sorry I told you to marry another when you only had me in your heart. I really ended up regretting that, didn't I?

I'm so sorry I left you all alone.

Li Rong Xin, a simple girl. When she loved, she loved with her whole heart, dedicated her entire life. What a fool. She wished for Yang Zi Huo to turn to her one day and say I love you. That day never came.

I know the end of a life could simply be a compiled mess of sequences. I tried to love him, made many mistakes and departed with him attempting to put back together his shattered heart. He tried to love me, made many mistakes, and caused me to misunderstand him countless times.

The thoughts flooding my mind echoed that we cannot continue doing this to one another. Perhaps, our perfect other half can only be completed by someone else.