CHP.17 History Remembered

The large oak door opened again before Nyx walked into the room. His bright eyes immediately been drawn to the new she- wolf still feeding at the table.

Serenity was quick to look at the new wolf, her anxiety levels immediate rising at the prospect of a new threat, her eyes scanned his tattoos with curiosity before she quickly dropped her sight to the floor.

Zeke was the first to speak, drawing the oracles eyes to his Alpha;

"Nyx, this is Serenity. She walked into our territory a few hours ago. I need your input on the situation." Nyx nodded before making his way to the table, sitting at the table across from myself and Zeke but made sure to leave a space between himself and Serenity.

Serenity tensed as he sat beside her.​

"I was visited by the Goddess last night, she approached me in my dream." Nyx's voice was a symphony, it flowed over the table and I was entranced by it.

"As usual, she was generous in hints but lacked specific details. Painful woman." He sighed.

"She spoke of the new Luna, told me her connection to her chosen one will allow she-wolves to flourish. Said males would be chosen and the she-wolves would cause a war unless a titan was chosen by a flower."​ He almost seemed bored as he recounted his ethereal encounter.

The possibility of a new war automatically created a flush of tension into Zeke's frame. I squeezed his hand, causing him to relax slightly. My eyebrows knocked together. A titan chosen by a flower? What did that even mean?

"So nothing specifically about her?" Zeke nodded toward Serenity. Nyx shook his head before responding.

"As I said generous on hints, but lacking in details."

Zeke nodded in response.

"Very well, Serenity, you may stay here. My pack will protect you. But if you are not who you say you are and you become a threat to my mate, I won't hesitate to give you back to the males you escaped from." Zeke's words were firm, harsh even. But it was the way of wolves, they would protect what's theirs before they supported a rogue.

Even if she was a female.

Serenity seemed to relax upon hearing his acceptance of her, but was quick to recoil at the mention of betraying us. Her eyes moved to mine, her anxiety at the thought of being returned to the males prevalent in her eyes. My hand reached across the table before I gently placed it in top of hers.

"You have nothing to fear from us." I squeezed her hand before releasing it. Tension seemed to release from her shoulders at my words. My eyes made contact with Zeke's who nodded at my words. He didn't want to threaten the female but would not put me in danger for her.

I understood his logic. She was my female. Mine to protect and mine to love. I was her Luna and it was in my nature to do so. But should she ever become a threat to Zeke I would not hesitate to rip her apart. It was just my instinct, our wolves drove us. And my wolf's instinct was to protect her male before she protected a female.

My male.​

Warrior Diesel walked into the room, waiting at the door before he spoke.

I rose from seat, looking at him as he walked over. He stopped just before reaching us, eyeing me in curiosity. I smiled. Before reaching both my hands back and shoving his chest with as much force as I could muster.

He barely stumbled a step but it was enough to motivate me to continue.

"The second female," I accentuated my words with a shove, "found to exist in the entire" shove, "fucking," shove, "country. And you lock her in a dungeon?" I snarl. Finishing my shoving as the large wolf looks down at me. Peaks of anger leaking from his frame.