Twelve

it was a lovely monday morning

it was a lovely monday morning. the birds are chirping without a care, as dewdrops landed on the large window of chaeryeong's room. in particular, she was staying over in her parents's house.

mondays are known to be the worst day of the week. a fresh start to another cycle that is constantly repeated. wake up, morning routine, school, go home, homework, night routine, sleep, and over again. sounds boring, am i right? indeed.

to chaeryeong, mondays are no different. it is indeed boring as fuck.

however, something about that monday just felt... right in some way. she wasn't sure why or how, but it was definitely something. it was a routine for her to visit her parents every weekend and stay over, and only stays at the dormitories on the weekday.

chaeryeong rubbed her eyes to get rid of her sleepiness before slowly making her way downstairs, seeing her sister chaeyeon already awake and eating breakfast with a smile on her face.

the current time was 5:30 am.

to chaeryeong the night owl, 5:30 is a very early time to be awake and eating breakfast. she wasn't sure why she woke up that early that monday, but there was somewhat a feeling of anticipation in her. for what exactly? that she doesn't know.

shaking her head and shrugging off her thoughts, chaeryeong made her way to her morning bird sister and pulled out a seat beside her before grabbing a piece of toast.

"hey! i was about to eat that!" chaeyeon pouted, earning a simple shrug from chaeryeong.

"anyways, that aside, you woke up quite early today, sister! are you anticipating something? meeting someone, perhaps?" chaeyeon teased.

well, that's indeed correct. school starts at 7.30 so that was quite odd that the younger woke up this early. usually, she'd lay in bed until 6:45 or something— or sometimes 7.

chaeryeong rolled her eyes, "shut up!" she yelled, earning a laugh from chaeyeon. however, not long after, chaeryeong joined her sister's laughter.

gasping in surprise, chaeyeon's laugh faded away. she dropped her toast on the floor, and her mouth was wide open.

"y-y-you laughed!!" chaeyeon exclaimed, a huge smile making a way into her lips. even chaeyeon— her own sister, barely heard chaeryeong laugh, and they have known each other since the day one.

the last time she laughed that freely was— a long time ago, that's for sure.

chaeryeong smiled shyly at that remark before taking another bite from her toast to avoid the embarrassment. "why are you so surprised? isn't this a good thing?" chaeryeong huffed.

that made her sister much more shocked than she already is, "but- how??" she asked curiously.

chaeryeong shook her head, "i don't know.. it just.. you know.. happened...?" she said somewhat uncertainly.

then, the older sister asked, "well then, who made you laugh or smile the first time?"

"no one!" chaeryeong blushed. "go away, i haye you!" she continued, looking away from her sister. "hm.. it must be a guy, then. right? is it by any chance... that taehyun guy?" chaeyeon asked, making a random guess.

seeing the fact that her sister's face reddened at this, chaeyeon gasped. her random guess was right! "w-wait.. i'm right?" she asked in shock, earning hesitant nods from the younger.

with this action, the older aister flashed the brightest smile— probably the brightest chaeryeong ever seen. perhaps even brighter than the sun. chaeyeon giggled as she hugged chaeryeong.

"congrats, sis.. you got yourself a man!!"

chaeryeong's eyes instantly widen in shock as she pushes her sister away.

"EONNI! WHAT THE HELL!?"

(a/n): bye what even is this chapter- anyways lmao sorry for not updating, i get side tracked a lot, and i have been binging so much anime lately that i forgot abt wattpad T-T

have a great day loves <3