4 | Hacker! AU

"'We protect our own'? How pathetic," Ali scoffed, kicking the can off a flight of stairs. It landed to the pavement with a sad thunk. "I had that moral once. Guess how I turned out?"

Rizwan raised his eyebrows, though he didn't look thoroughly convinced by the young boy's explanation. "You've heard of Team Numeros, correct?"

Ali glared at him, though there was no venom. It was self-hatred; the anger not directed to Rizwan, not the world, but to himself.

"Well," Rizwan continued, crossing his arms, "we could use someone like you. You and your expertise."

Ali whirled to him in shock, mind set on the word we. "You're-"

Rizwan nodded. "I am a member of Team Numeros."

To his surprise, Ali snorted out of laughter, clutching his belly as he covered his mouth, trying to suppress his laughs. Despite his efforts, he failed miserably, turning his back on the MATA agent, small frame trembling with laughter.

Rizwan frowned, having expected another reaction from the boy.

"Oh, how the mighty has fallen!" Ali chortled, wheezing now. "Did MATA kick you out or something? Why the everloving fuck would you join Uno's playgroup? You're better off training with the kids at the academy, excuse my french! Just don't be scared when they wave their little fists at you!"

Rizwan stepped closer, his shadow lording over him. His expression was neutral, but it didn't matter, because to Ali, Rizwan was taller and stronger, which added to his fearful reputation and image.

Ali stopped laughing.

"In Team Numeros, there is no such thing as team," Rizwan said robotically, though the edge in his voice was evident. "We're only here to survive. All of us have our personal goals."

"And what about you?" Ali seethed, all comedic presences gone. "To spy for MATA? To drag me in so you can bring the downfall of as many criminals as you can?" He scoffed and shook his finger. "Count me out, you monochromatic nerd. Got to stop looking like you're going to prom but stopping to kick ass on the way to your date's house. That is, if you can even find one."

"If I'm not wrong, you're in criminal industry to avenge someone, am I right?" Rizwan smirked as he saw Ali's expression fall. "And that someone is your mother."

Ali glowered at him. "So what? If you want to expose my motive-"

"I'm not going to expose anything," Rizwan interrupted him. "I'm telling you this because I'm in Team Numeros for revenge someone as well."

"Let me guess: your master, former core pillar, Agent Djin; assumed dead in a factory failure explosion that resulted in Protokol Gegas," Ali breezed, crossing his arms. He exhaled sharply as he noticed the change in the former agent's expression. "Please. I'm not daft. I've read and memorized every single detail of every agent in MATA. Yours isn't the most interesting, but I managed."

Rizwan sighed. He turned his back, and waved his hand to indicate his departure.

He heard Ali's voice.

"I'll think about it."

When he turned, the boy was gone.

* * *

Another AU similar to the last one. I think I'll call this one Hacker AU?? Honestly Idk anymore.

Explanation:

Ali knows how his mother died, and blames it all on MATA. He is around 16 years of age, and he's been hacking since he was 12-years-old.

Basically, Team Numeros hears about his talent and wants to recruit him. This is around the same time where Rizwan "betrays" MATA and joins Uno's side.

As of this moment, I think Ali's online/codename/alias should be Cyberwira, since he didn't join MATA and it was the first thing that comes to his adolescent mind.

He hacks into MATA databases when he was 13, and spends his time messing with them. They almost caught him a couple of times, but he always escapes before getting in trouble.

Ali knows about Alicia and Bakar's agent life. He even figures out that Agent Djin isn't dead, because he hacked into every database delated to him, which was how he found out about Team Numeros in the first place.

Naturally Ali finds out about IRIS, which he hated because it was the thing that killed his mother. He was 100% against Uno using IRIS, but when Uno uses IRIS to attack Agent Zain, he deactivates it by hacking through it, and destroying it.

"It could kill you." Ali smiled, though his aura said otherwise. He walked away from the battlefield, flipping the deactivated IRIS in his fingers like a coin. 

Uno cursed Ali as Agent Zain yeeted him lmao.