First Date

Dawn's POV

It's Thursday and I'm in my last period. Today I don't have cheer and Alan doesn't have practice, so we might hang out. Yesterday was awful. The fight with Tom wasn't great and then in the morning he got super protective. I was planning on wearing this,

 I was planning on wearing this,

But when I came downstairs Tom shook his head and said "You can't wear that to school. Go change." and I asked why. He just said. "Go change." So I did. I changed into this.

The final bell rings and I exit my drama classroom

The final bell rings and I exit my drama classroom. I walk to my locker and someone hugs me from behind. I look up and see Alan smiling. I kiss him on the lips. We finish the walk to our lockers holding hands. I'm putting my stuff in my backpack when Alan asks.

"Where were you yesterday?"

"What?" I say in confusion.

"Yesterday, you said you were gonna text me and you never did."

"Oh, my dad took my phone."

"Oh, because you were late?"

"Yup. You should have seen him in the car ride home. His face was kinda scary, not gonna lie."

"That must have been a really weird car ride."

"You can say that again. We were dropping Paddy of at his house too. It was really tense."

"Does your dad know about me?"

"Not really...I'm planning on telling him today though." I answer.

"Ok. You wanna hang out today?"

"Sure. I'll text my dad.

Dawn: Hey dad, I'm gonna hang out with my friends today after school

Tom: Ok sounds good just tell me where you are going and who's there.

I turn to Alan. "Who's going?"

"It can either be the two of us, or if you feel more comfortable we can bring Paddy and Dallas along." He says.

"No, it can just be the two of us. A date sort of." I say. Alan leans and kisses my forehead.

"Ok that sounds perfect." Alan answers.

Dawn: It's just me and Alan...

Tom: Hmm....fine. You can go with Alan. But don't get in trouble.

Dawn: Ok thanks!

I slip my phone into my pocket and smile up at Alan. "I can go." We walk out of the building and walk to the ice cream shop. I get chocolate ice cream and Alan gets vanilla. He generously pays the $7. We go outside and sit down on a near by bench. We talk and eat our ice cream. I decide to capture this moment and make an Instagram post.

A/N: Pretend that's Alan and Dawn. That their height difference. 

Dawn's Instagram:

                Liked by: @alan_morcok, @paddyholland2004, @josh_taft1, @dallas_sone, 

@briana_taft, @claire_finn, addison_lester, @brad_vallice, @spencer_lee, @adam_jackson and 1,000 others.

                                                                                 dawn_holland
                                                                          The perfect first date!

addison_lester: I knew it!

paddyholland2004: You go girl! 

dallas_sone: When am I gonna get an ice cream date @paddyholland2004?

paddyholland2004: I'll take you tomorrow after school.

I look at Alan and kiss him passionately. Our lips together for a while it feels so nice, I've never felt like this. Is this what it feels like to be in love?

Tom's POV

I'm heading home from a meeting with my agent about Spider-Man Far From Home. I walk into the apartment and sat down on my bed. Suddenly my phone beeps and lights up. It's a notification from Instagram. I open the app and go to my notifications. I find a notification for Dawn's account. I click on it. It takes me to a picture of Dawn with Alan. The caption makes my eyes grow wide. Dawn and Alan are dating? Then I get a text from Dawn saying that I can come pick her up. I immediately grab my stuff and head to the car. I'm gonna talk to Dawn.  

I park outside the ice cream shop and wait for Dawn. She soon hops in smiling.

"Are you two dating?" I ask sternly.

"What?" She says.      

"Are you and Alan dating?" I ask again.

"Yeah we are. I was gonna tell you when we got home."

"When did you start dating him?" I begin to drive

"Yesterday." She says meekly.

I scoff. "Yesterday. You had all of yesterday and today to tell me."

"I know. I just didn't know how. What would I say? 'Oh dad, I'm dating Alan Morcok.' "

"That's exactly what you could have said. I shouldn't find out that my daughter is dating through her Instagram."

"I'm sorry I should have told you. I was just scared that you wouldn't let me."

"Let you date Alan? Dawn, you can date whoever you want as long as they respect you, are kind, and give you love back."

"Thanks Dad!" Dawn says.

"You're welcome, just don't get in trouble with Alan. Ok?"

"Ok. I won't." We get home and I start on my homework. While doing my homework I decide to face time Alan. He picks up and we talk for hours. We talk about school, movies, TV series, and random stuff. Finally I call off because I need to go eat. I finish dinner and talk with Alan more. We hang up and go to sleep. I get a goodnight text from him and the butterflies in my stomach flutter. I respond by saying goodnight. I go to sleep feeling happy.