Five: "We Found Her"

Norah

My eyes fluttered open and I analyzed my surroundings. I was laying on a soft surface. I sat up and placed groaned as I rubbed my temples. Sharp pains were spreading throughout my head. A jingle followed the movement of my hands and I looked down at them. There was a hand cuff around my left wrist. Following the cuff, were chains, which I assumed were the source of the sound. The chains weren't silver as I was able to touch them and not feel pain. I rolled my eyes and yanked my chained wrist, easily snapping the metal.

I looked around and realized that I was in a prison cell. It wasn't as dirty and gross as I had imagined a prison cell to be like. The concrete walls were clean and stain free as well as the floor.

I walked up to the metal bars and reached out to touch one of them. I hissed and retracted my hand. I inspected my finger and saw a growing blister on it.

Yep, I thought to myself. Those are silver.

I ignored the burning pain in my finger and looked out of the cell, making sure to not make contact with the bars. I knew I was in a packs dungeon but it didn't seem like it. All the other cells were empty and clean. The whole dungeon seemed completely empty.

I scrambled back towards the bed and sat back down as I heard heavy footsteps approaching.

A man that seemed to be in his mid thirties approached my cell. He had blond hair and piercing blue eyes. He looked rather intimidating; not that I was going to admit it outloud. He was looked quite professional with his gray suit that fit his body very well. There wasn't an imperfection in sight.

I averted my gaze as the man caught me staring at him. My face started to warm up in embarrassment.

"Norah," he greeted, making me look at him once again. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of keys. They jingled as he fumbled with them, trying to find the correct one.

I lifted my legs and wrapped my arms around them, hugging them close to my figure. The man stuck one of the many keys into the key hole. After hearing a satisfying click, he used the sleeve of his suit jacket to push the door open. He walked in before pushing the door closed. I stuck my palm out towards him threateningly. I usually don't tell people or let them know I have powers until it's absolutely necessary. However, there was no doubt in my mind that he knew what I was. He didn't seem fazed by my threat.

"They won't work," he said dismissively. "The injection you were given blocks them temporarily."

I didn't exchange any words; only facial expressions. I glared at the man, but he didn't seem to care. "I guess I should introduce myself and tell you my morals to why you're here," he said politely. He made sure to keep his distance, which I was grateful for.

"That would be nice," I finally spoke, sarcasm evident in my voice.

He only sighed, "I'm Alpha Caden," he approached me, bringing his hand out for me to shake. I eyed it before shaking my head.

"I'm good, thank you."

He sighed again before retracting his hand and shoving it into his pocket.
"I understand why you're having trouble trusting me at the moment-"

"Really now?" I asked sarcastically, rolling my eyes. "It's not like you sent people to murder my whole pack and kidnap me."

It surprised me that he wasn't lashing out at me. Most Alphas would probably have killed me by now.

"I'm sorry about that, but it had to be done," he said sincerely. "You have to know the truth."

"What truth?" I asked.