Zayden agreeing..

My parents asked me to visit home tomorrow

My parents asked me to visit home tomorrow. I know something is fishy cause mom was very happy, I could feel it from her voice.

At home »

My parents were behaving normally except for the fact - that my great and loving mom was over excited, for what? I don't know.

Finally after whole day, my dad decided to end this suspense. He asked me to come to his study before going to bed.

When I thrusted the study room door open, I was welcomed with strong smell of coffee. Mom was sitting on couch while dad like usual was sitting on his majestic chair.

What left me speechless was - mom's presence at the study room. She never ever enters the study room unless it's important.

"What's the matter dad?! " I ask making my way towards the couch.

"Take your seat zayden... I and your mom have something to tell you. But before to that I have to ask you something. Do you have any girl in your life?! " Dad asked plopping his elbow on the desk.

I stare at my dad with confusion laced on my face. Slowly I tilt my head towards mom who was now batting her eyelids with hope swimming in her eyes.

Don't they know me ? I don't like to waste my time on relationships, I only want to concentrate on my future. All this relationship kind of stuffs can be done once I'm settled in my life.

"No I'm not seeing anyone and for the time being I'm not intrested in getting into relationship...But what's the matter? Why did you ask me this question?!.."

A ghost of smile crept on my mom's face, her eyes gleamed with delight. My dad lips curled up into a small.

Wait! What?

Something is seriously wrong with my parents!

Which parents feel elated when their son says he isn't intrested in doing relationships...?

"God... I knew it, I just can't wait to meet Harriet now. " Mom chirped whilst clapping her hands.

Now who is Harriet ?

"Harriet...?! " I stare at mom waiting for answer but all I receive is cheeky smile.

"Seriously? " I shrug unable to understand reason behind her happiness.

"Zayden, you know at what age I married your mom? " Dad voice echoed in the room making me snap my head in his direction.

I know dad married at very early age since grandpa health wasn't good, dad had to take this responsibility.

But why is he asking me this question? What does it have to do with me?

"I'm not getting dad. What exactly are you trying to convey? "