◆15

Heejin hadn't shed a tear since that night

It was safe to say Kang Heejin was utterly fragmented and ruptured by the events that left her numb.

Yet, she still came to school the following Monday as she hobbled on her crutches, recieving a sprained ankle and fair few bruises and cuts to add to the great night.

It was the first break when Heejin entered school, struggling to keep her coordination right with her bag weighting down her back.

The crutches were seriously annoying but she didn't show it, not enough energy to outright be angry with anything.

It didn't feel surreal and it choked her up everytime she thought about it- making her head spin and gut wrench.

The clicking of footsteps in the corridor made Heejin look up, gripping onto the handles of the crutches when she saw Jeno reaching his locker.

Seeing him there, untouched and unfazed made her blink back the stinging of tears.

She wished she could escape without anyone knowing but it was hard with her given situation- she began, well hopping.
The sounds of her crutches clicking against the ground compelled Jeno to glance up.

His intense, blank eyes found Heejin's frame as she began going past him- not saying anything to him as her heart rate increased at the thought of everything that happened.

"The baby survived." He said in the silence of the hallway and Heejin stopped.
She nodded wordlessly, relieved but the aching pain didn't leave.

Heejin continued her journey and it didn't take long for Jeno to catch up as he walked to his next lesson.

There was an awkward silence and Heejin noticed he was walking behind her without saying anything so she stopped- turning around but coming face to his broad chest.

"Is there something you need?" She asked, exhaustion seeping in her tone and Jeno looked down at her, eyes raking over the cut on her lip to the bruise on her cheek.

"Just...wanted to check if..." He trailed off, not knowing what to say next without sounding completely odd.

"I'm alive." She said bitterly, turning around and struggling to walk with her crutches further. "Unfortunately." She muttered.

Her body was aching from the pressure and pain; she stopped in the middle of the hallway and forcefully sighed, throwing her head back and not long later she felt the weight of her bag being lifted off her shoulder.

Heejin glanced to the side to see her rival holding her bag with no emotion in his eye.
"I'll be coming over to your gang house later on." He informed, walking and Heejin confused, walked after him.

"Why?"
"Because the attack was directed for both of our gangs." He said and there was a silence after it.

"Also," he turned around, creating eye contact with the girl who didn't try and hold up a hard front- heartbroken.

"My condolences for your parents Rosa."

Heejin said nothing, unsure of what she felt towards him saying it, eyeing him and swallowing the lump in her throat.

"That won't bring them back," she whispered, looking down at the ground. "It's not like you're genuine either, I'm sure you're glad they're dead-" she snatched her bag from him, glaring up at him.

"I'm sorry you're disappointed that I'm still alive seeing as you want to kill off my bloodline." She spat, brushing past him.

" She spat, brushing past him