Chapter 35

i can't believe i published a chapter like this, please douse me with holy water i just

Seth's POV

"Okay, I will. I will. I wi- you're gross and I'm hanging up. Yes I am. I am! That's right, you're my bitch and I'm hanging up on you," I hiss through gritted teeth, furiously searching for the controller on my headphones to end the call. I put the headphones on in the first place so that I wouldn't get in an accident by controlling the car with one hand and holding my phone in my other, but I could have easily murdered myself in the past minute. And the sad part is that this is nothing weird for a Saturday morning.

I sigh again, reaching for my phone on the passenger seat to dial Niall's number, averting my eyes from the road for a couple of seconds. We do this every Saturday, randomly pick two guys from the fraternity to go grocery shopping for the upcoming week. This also includes cigarettes, condoms and booze for the parties; and magically, his and my name got pulled out of the fedora last night. I haven't even had enough time to mentally prepare myself for pushing a cart for an hour straight, Niall's impatience and having my car stop twenty times on the way back because of the pressure of the bags.

I drop the item on the seat again, tapping my fingers against the steering wheel as I wait for him to answer. It's not even noon yet, I had to get up early on a Saturday morning for this crapola, and if he doesn't pick up in point two seconds I will legit make him sit on the hood of the car while I drive eighty miles per hour through a thickly wooded forest.

"Wait, wait- stop it! Hold on, I gotta answer this." I roll my eyes and grip the wheel tighter; this is something right at the top of the list of things I hate the most, when I'm so fucking pissed I could kick a puppy without regretting it, and my best friend is giggling with his girlfriend on the other line. "Good morning Seth, how you doin'?"

"I'm doing peachy." I narrow my eyes at the road ahead of me, imagining his happy face and wanting nothing but to punch it. "I'm on my way, are you ready?" I ask, purposefully not reminding him of the occasion; to see if he actually remembers or if he's gonna give me another reason to want to punch him.

"Not even close," He replies casually – it saddens me that I'm not surprised one bit. "I still have to... get out of bed and all that."

"Hi Seth." While I'm always delighted to be in the presence of the pole dancer he lives with but whose pants he hasn't gotten into, Freya's chirpy voice and the way she's dragging my name out is adding another person to the list of people I want to kill. I have too many hateful lists.

"Freya," I say flatly to greet her back – that's one sad greeting – and focus on getting Niall to get up. "If you don't mind sweetheart, I'd love to steal your boyfriend for a couple of hours. Promise we won't make out or anything."

"Aw, do you have to go?" She asks, obviously not me, her voice becoming distant as the two of them engage in a hushed and giggly conversation- I'm going to fling something at the car in front of me if this continues.

"Alright, Seth, um- what did you actually call for?" Niall asks, finally, actually talking to me this time.

"Yeah, I wanted to ask if you have half of the list?"

"Um... uh, yeah."

"Do you have it with y-"

"Could you hold on for a second?" He interrupts me, and the shuffling on the other side indicates he'd taken his phone off his ear without waiting for my reply; I'm seriously going to fucking-