004; completing

➤➤➤➤

➤➤➤➤

Everything was happening too fast. Saiki just suddenly passed out after Nendou pulled out that hairpin of his. How could anyone pass out from that? It was just hairclip―

It had a needle sticking out of that hairclip. 

Ouch.

Suddenly, she got a brilliant idea. Well, maybe not that brilliant, but it's worth a shot.

''I'm sorry, but can I borrow the hairpin for a second? I want to try something.'' She asked Nendou, who was looking at Saiki confused.

''Huh? Oh, yeah, sure.''

She quickly rushed to Saiki's side, and sat down on her knees. She tried to put the hairpin back in his hair, hoping to find the right spot, and was successful.

He woke up immediately after she did that, making people relieved. He sat up, and glanced at her. She froze, and thought of what to say. Everyone was looking at her, so she felt nervous.

''W-Well, when he took out your hairpin, you fainted... So I thought if I put it back, you'd be alright...?'' She said, not used to being the center of attention. He looked at Nendou, clearly shocked.

'It must be important to him if he passed out after taking it out... I better make sure not to accidentally take it out..!' She made a mental note to herself, 

Saiki was still staring at the ground, seemingly troubled. ''Hey, pal, are you okay?'' Nendou asked him. The pinkette didn't reply. Well, he did just pass out, I don't think anyone would be okay.

''Everyone crossed the goal except Nendou!''

''Oh, I lost. But oh well, nothing I could've done. Who cares about sports day when my pal is in trouble, right?'' Nendou happily said, as if he wasn't the one who put his pal in trouble.

Lunch time was now starting, as she exhaled a breath she didn't know she was holding. 

''Hey, Girlie!'' 

She heard a strangely-familiar voice call out, and turned around, only to see Nendou. She flinches, he's so intimidating!

''Since you saved my pal, let's all have lunch!'' He invited, well, more like forced her. Saiki seemed mortified with him even further.

She turned to Saiki, but he was gone. Like, he just disappeared. Part of her wants to go search for him, and the other part just wants her to just leave him alone. 

'Yeah, maybe I should just leave him alone. He probably needs to go home anyway.' She thought, sighing. What a mess that was. She turned to Nendou, but he was gone too. Maybe he went searching for his 'pal', and forgot about her? Yeah, that seems like it.

 A bit of time passes, as she looks around a bit, before she spotted a crowd. Seemingly curious, she headed over to the crowd, wondering what all the commotion was about.

''Are you okay, Saiki?!'' Hairo asked, worriedly. 

''Can you go home by yourself?'' Oh. There's the pinkette. The people are asking if he's alright, and if he has to go home and stuff. It makes sense, really.

''We're gonna win for sure!'' The team cheered for themselves.  ''We're gonna do our best for Saiki!'' Hairo cheered, the team cheers along with him. 

''They're pretty enthusiastic.'' She mumbled to herself, then glanced at Saiki.

He was also staring at her, but quickly turned away as soon as she looked at him. ''You are alright, right?'' She asked him, but then questions herself why on earth she started a conversation with a human being. He turned to her, and nodded.

''That's great to hear.. I'm [L/N] [Y/N]. You probably heard that since you're my classmate.'' She introduced herself. He nodded, a ghostly smile on his face, that not even she noticed it.

''Saiki Kusuo.'' He replied. May not look like it, but he's glad that she talked to him. Maybe he can have a normal friend for once. He can only hope for that. 

After that awkward little introduction, they both headed to the rest of the team.

''We're having team competitions in the afternoon!''

''The first one is tug of war!'' Tug of war, huh? 

Wait, was Hairo in any in individual competitions? 

''We're at the bottom right now, but there's still a chance to turn things around!''

''Class 3! Fight!'' He cheered, everyone joining in his cheering as well. She could only wonder with how he could make the class this hyped up.

Once it was actually the team challenge. Saiki was behind her, so this was a pain for him. If he did anything, there might be a chance that she would get blamed. How great.

The class pulled with all their might, Hairo yelling some encouraging words she couldn't hear. She was pulling too, but she felt like she wasn't helping that much. She tried pulling the rope so much, that she accidentally let go of the rope, and fell backwards.

Saiki was behind her. Right into his chest, and they both fell onto the ground.

[SAIKI_KUSUO.EXE] has unfortunately stopped processing. Please wait a moment.

At that exact moment she fell, Saiki accidentally ripped the rope, causing the opponent team to fly into the air, before harshly falling back down.

Speaking of falling down, both [L/N] and Saiki was still trying to process what just happened, before the female immediately stood up, her face beet red.

''Oh my god, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?'' She apologized, reaching out her hand to him. He looked at her hand, and then reached his hand to grab it. She pulled him back onto his feet, but not before feeling someone glaring into her soul. She saw Saiki look at someone behind her, before she looked back as well.

What she saw, was Teruhashi. But she changed her expression to a happy-go-lucky girl after Saiki looked at the blue-haired girl.

'Was I imagining things? Why would Saiki just glare at her like that?'

''Like I said, I'm still very sorry I fell down. I will make sure not to do that again.'' She looked back at Saiki, bowing profusely.

''It's fine. It was just an accident.'' He replied, with no emotion whatsoever. 

'He's probably never gonna look at me ever again. Gosh, I'm so stupid!'

Saiki frowned at her thoughts, but there's still one lingering thought on his mind. 

A thought that the self-proclaimed 'perfect pretty girl' thought when [L/N] fell on top of him.

'What the ― How dare she?! Did she fall on Saiki purposely, and declare war on me? Me, the perfect pretty girl?!'