Chapter 36

~Y/n's POV~

The two girls walked down the hallway, Y/n getting more and more nervous.

Oh god, how would this go? Would Tsukasa be angry? What if he had already moved on? What if-

"Y/n." Sakura said, startling her out of her thoughts. "I can tell you're worried. Don't be, though; Tsukasa will be delighted that you're back."

Y/n nodded in understanding. "Okay, sorry." Sakura smiled.

"It's alright." She said. "I can see why you'd be nervous; it's okay."

They stopped in front of the door to the recording room. Y/n's heart leapt into her throat; she hadn't realized they were so close.

"You can go first." Sakura said, gesturing to the door. Y/n turned to her worriedly. "Don't worry, I'll be right behind you."

The ghost girl nodded nervously. Then she reached for the door handle and turned it.

It opened slowly to a dark room.

Sakura waited, and Y/n stepped into the recording room, heart pounding. She reached for the light switch, but before she could do so, the lights turned on.

Tsukasa stood at the light switch, amber eyes wide.

The door closed behind Y/n, and she immediately knew that Sakura had shut it. She lied to her!

"Y/n...?" Tsukasa whispered, his eyes becoming watery and full of tears. It hurt to see him like that.

"Hey, Tsukasa..." She said, smiling warmly. She walked over to the boy and wrapped her arms around him, head resting on his shoulder.

Tsukasa nervously hugged her back, as if he were afraid she would disintegrate if he moved too quickly.

"I thought... I thought you were gone..." He said into her hair, fat tears rolling down his face. "I thought I'd lost you..."

"No, it's okay." Y/n comforted, pulling him closer. "I'm back, you don't need to cry. It's okay..."

"I'm so sorry..." He whimpered. "It's all my fault... if I had kept you here... you wouldn't be... be..." He silently sobbed, choking on his next words. Y/n soothed him softly.

"It's not your fault, Tsukasa." She said. "It's not your fault at all; it was my choice..."

"Y/n...?" Tsukasa asked, tearful eyes looking up at the girl. "I... I love you..." Y/n smiled, feeling her own warm tears running down her cheeks.

"I love you, too, Tsukasa." She said. "I love you, too."

She may have been dead, but that was okay.

Y/n was back.

And she was with Tsukasa.

~~~~~

Next chapter will be the final chapter! It's the epilogue! 

Last chapter coming soon!