17

Tyler

"Why are you here?" I asked staring at Hunter who had already messed up the couch even though he literally just walked through the door.

"Leave me alone. I'm having a stressful day." Hunter sighed sadly.

"Stressful how?" I asked.

"For starters, I'm hungry." Hunter said. "Can you cook?"

"Why didn't you stop for food?" I laughed sitting in the big chair.

"I wasn't hungry until we pulled up here." He said.

Danielle had already pulled Angel away to talk.

"Well, I'm not cooking anything." I said. "Danielle and I already ate."

"But your favorite brother hasn't." Hunter said.

"Angel didn't ask me to cook." I shrugged.

"Really?" Hunter sat up. "Just for that, I'm not telling you what I found out Today."

"Found out?" I asked.

"I'm not telling you." Hunter shrugged. "Not because I don't want to, but..."

"He isn't supposed to say anything." Angel said coming back into the living room. "Hush."

"I wasn't gonna say anything." Hunter said. "Unless you want to persuade me by offering me food..."

"I would, but I don't know if the information is relevant to me." I shrugged.

"Come to think of it..." Hunter thought about it. "It actually isn't relevant to you because you're married."

"Thank you." I said leaning back in my seat.

"And you're an idiot." He continued. "Who's incapable of impregnating someone."

"What are you talking about?" I sighed finally giving in.

"I'm talking about..." Angel slapped a hand over Hunter's mouth.

"Nothing. We're about to go." Angel said.

If I knew anything about my brother, I knew he couldn't keep a secret unless it was his own. Hunter liked to be the center of attention and if he knew that he had information you'd want to know, he'd tease you with it. He wouldn't tell you straight out, but he'd give you just enough hints for you to figure it out yourself.

I didn't care before, but now I did. Who was pregnant?

"Why are you two leaving?" I asked. "My little brother is hungry. I should feed him. Hunter?"

"Finally I'm receiving the treatment I deserve." He said following me into the kitchen.

Amari

"Mama, I'm not sick." I laughed as she felt my forehead.

"Baby, you look like you are." She said. "Your face looks drained and your eyes look dry. Have you been crying?"

I went to say something, but she lowered her voice and leaned closer.

"Is it Justin? Want me to get my goons?" She whispered.

"No it's not Justin." I laughed. "And you don't have any goons."

"You think that now." She mumbled walking over to her dresser.

"I just wasn't feeling too hot before we came over. I think I ate some bad fish or something." I shrugged laying back on her bed.

Justin and Dad were downstairs planted in front of the tv.

"Bad fish?" She looked over at me. "Amari, are you pregnant?"

"How did you get that from bad fish?" I scoffed.

"Because that's the story I told your grandmother when I was pregnant with you." She came back over to me. "How far along are you?"

"Ma, I'm not pregnant." I groaned laying my arm over my face.

"Did you take a test?" She asked.

"Yes and it came back negative." I said. "Besides, I'm still on the pill."

"You better not be still taking those pills and you might be pregnant, Amari." She said. "I'll kill you over my grand baby."

"What grand baby?" I laughed sitting up.

"The one you might be carrying." She said. "Now that you mention it, you do look pregnant in the face. Let me see your belly."

I sighed and pulled my shirt up enough for her to see my stomach.

"Your line is dark!" She said. "Amari, you're pregnant."

"Mom, I'm not." I laughed pulling my shirt down. "The test was negative."

"The test could be wrong." She said. "Did you make a doctors appointment?"

"No because I don't need one." I shrugged.

"Don't worry about it. I'll make you one." She waved her hand. "I'll even take off from work to go with you."

"You don't have..." She cut me off.

"Yes I do." She said. "I know how I reacted when I found out I was pregnant with you. I tried to kill your daddy, girl. I'm not going to let you kill Justin. He's the son I never knew I wanted."

"Whatever." I laughed. "Can I see that necklace, though?"