Take Me Home

~Just find a way to get home. There's a space in my heart, open arms for you to run to. Baby close your eyes and take the leap, to make-believe in fairytales. I'll meet you there, I'll fall too~ Alessia Cara.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Stars' by Alessia Cara.

A/N: Swipe left for the song audio :)

°°

Third Person POV

Jeff stands at the gate, checking his watch with an impatient scowl on his face. The sun will be setting soon, and he has still not seen any sign of Rainey. She knows he normally waits at the gate and he figures there is no way she could have passed by him without him spotting her. Yes, he may have been consumed in watching a few funny videos for a while, but he feels he can always sense her even with his head held down.

He grabs his cell and dials her number, cursing under his breath when it goes straight to voicemail.

"This fucking kid. I should teach her lesson." He swears, deciding to shoot a quick text instead.

I am at the gate. Pick your damn phone up.

-Jeff.

He looks up just in time to see two girls heading in the direction of the parking lot. Olivia and Lisa are consumed in their chatter that they are unaware of Jeff's angry figure, moving toward them.

"Excuse me."

His voice jolts them in surprise and they instantly exchange skeptic glances before looking back to the stranger wearing his 90′s shades.

Olivia points to herself, unsure she's the one he's referring to. Surely, she has never seen this individual in all her seventeen years of living. "Are you speaking to me?"

"Yeah." He confirms, pulling his glasses off while taking a step toward them. They instinctively take a step back, and Jeff frowns at this.

"You don't have to move away; I don't have the Coronavirus. I just need to ask you both something. Do you know a girl by the name 'Rainey'? Brown hair, short stature and wears black leather boots."

Jeff watches as the girls exchange malicious gazes and instantly gets his answer.

"Great. Where is she?"

"Your daughter fractured my wrist," Olivia reports, crossing her arms with a frown.

Jeff couldn't care less about her broken wrist; he is more concerned with what made these girls think him to be Rainey's father. He doesn't think he's that old and he has been paying extra attention to his built lately, hoping Rainey would notice his disdainful efforts.

"She's not my daughter." He makes clear. "Now tell me, where is she?"

Oliva scoffs, "Look, sir-"

"Do not call me sir, I am thirty-one."

"My Dad is thirty-one and he looks a lot younger than you." She smiles sweetly.

Jeff closes his eyes and tries to remain calm. He hates these girls and he doesn't even know them.

"Just tell me where Rain is, that is all I ask."