Chapter Nine (Edited)

~ A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we are; we can be loved for who we are and not for who we're pretending to be. Each unveils the best part of the other. No matter what else goes wrong around us, with that one person we're safe in our own paradise. ~

The next morning I woke up, my body entwined with his. I remember the events of last night, Alec proposed to me and I said Yes and I slept with him, the only person after Ashton. I know that we haven't been with each other for long but as far as I'm concerned Alec would be there for me and Jett, he'll be a positive role model for my son and to be honest thats what he needs... Stability. We can be stable right? There's no point waiting around for Ashton to realise that we are meant to be together, he's moved on and I should do the same. I looked over at Alec, he looked so peaceful when he was asleep. He held on to me tight so I was unable to move, his phone vibrated but he still didn't budge. "Alec." I whisper nudging him a little. Alec groans and loosens his grip until I was able to lean over him and I grab the phone. It was Arthur. "Hello?" I say in to the phone. "Mommy?" Jett says worriedly. "What's wrong baby?" I say getting up from Alec's grip. "Mommy are you okay?" Jett asks, I could hear his voice beginning to break, he was going to cry, quickly I tried to soothe him "Don't cry baby, Mommy's fine I'll come and get you in a bit yeah?" I say to him, he sniffs a few times before speaking "Are you sure mommy?" He says sniffing again. "Yeah i'm sure baby, play with Kyle and Bobby for a while and I promise I'll be with you soon." I say, my heart pangs for Jett, he needs me, he needs his mommy. "Okay mommy i'll be a good boy." He says. The phone goes silent. "Hello?" I say, no one answers "Jett." I say getting a bit agitated. "He's feeling a lot better now thanks for that Olivia." Arthur says a little too quietly. "It's fine." I whisper trying not to wake up Alec. "Are you two okay?" Arthur chuckles. "Were fine. Thank you Arthur for your help." I say smiling as if he could see me. "Is it the first time he's been away all night?" Arthur asks. "Yeah, don't worry i'll be with him soon." I say, I look down at Alec who finally had started to get up. We need to go. I mouth to him while Arthur speaks down the phone "Tell Alec i'll speak to him soon." Arthur says chuckling once again "Alright Arthur, see you soon." I say as I pull the phone away from my ear. "Bye Olivia" I hear him say before the line goes dead.

"What did my dad want?" Alec yawns and stretches, he sits up and turns his attention to mine. "It wasn't him at first, Jett, he was worried" I sigh looking down at the floor. Alec rushes to my side and holds me tight against his chest. "We'll leave after we shower." He says before he kisses my forehead and leads me to the bathroom.

"When can I meet your mother?" Alec says as we drive down the street. My parents have no idea what has happened while I have been here. "We can invite both our families to dinner at my place and tell them both together." Alec suggests smiling. I look over at him, his eyes flashed with hope. "That sounds great. I want to tell Jett first though." I say, the car stops outside the huge gate and slowly it opens. "That's fine." Alec says as the car starts driving again. "Do you want me to drop you home after?" Alec asks, he takes my hand and holds it tightly against his heart. He looks up from it and smiles, a lob sided one "Yeah, but I think we should both be there to tell Jett, I know he'll be happy for me." I say smiling as Arthur's door opens, Jett stands there with his rucksack on his little back. His face was plastered with a huge grin, I climbed out the car and ran towards him "Mommy!" He called running down the marble stairs right in to my arms. He holds me tight and smiles "I missed you." He holds my face with his tiny hands and kisses my cheek. "Did you have fun?" I ask him smiling. Jett nods "Kyle and Bobby are so much fun!" He says nodding still. "That's good, you go tell them bye okay." I say putting him down. Jett nods and runs inside, minutes later he emerges with Agnes holding his hand. "Hello dear." Agnes says smiling, she kisses my cheek and takes the chance to give me a once over, I watched her eyes scan me from top to bottom, a smile was still placed on her face. "Mom, Dad, me and Olivia wanna invite you to dinner." Alec says smiling, he puts his arm around my shoulder. Agnes and Arthur share a glance between each other and they nod. "Does 6 sound okay? Adrianna is going to be coming for the boys at 4" Arthur says smiling. "Sounds great, Tell Ade that i'll call her soon. Bye boys" Alec says smiling as he waves to the boys. "Seeya Uncle Alec. Seeya Jett" Kyle waves smiling. "Bye!" Jett says as he runs in to the car. "Bye Agnes and Arthur." I say smiling. Arthur hugs me followed by Agnes and as soon as we say our goodbyes we leave.