Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Dinner With The Reeds

KENNEDY

Sammy was working on Saturday afternoon because the bakery had a wedding cake order that she had to help out with. So I ended up having the apartment to myself. I watched the Empires hockey game by myself, curled up on the couch in Nash's jersey. He played better in that game than he had in the last one and they won, but it had been a close one.   

The rest of that week went by quickly and that was fine by me. I wasn't quite sure where Nash and I stood after the phone calls and flirty texts from the prior week, but as long as I had something to keep me busy and keep my mind off of him I was doing somewhat okay.

We had some clients come in from San Diego at work and since it was my first time meeting them, I had to stay late and join them all for dinner on Monday night. Nash seemed a little frustrated that I had to cancel dinner with him for Monday, but he understood. He perked up some when I joined him and Mitchell for a quick bite to eat after Tuesday night's game. They were goofing off like normal and I had a fun time, despite the little bit of tension between me and Nash. If Mitchell felt it he didn't show it.

Nash was busy with practice and another photoshoot on Wednesday and Thursday and I spent whatever spare time I had at the gym. Sammy complained that her dinners were being served later than normal, but I knew she was only teasing. In reality she was just happy to get to eat home cooked dinners every night. Some nights she even helped me cook.

When Friday night finally came around it was time for the Empires game. It was a big home game against the Vancouver Jay's. Sammy and I were going, of course. I had successfully turned her into a huge hockey fan which I was very proud of. We had decided to meet at the Garden, because the last time I went home to change before the game we ended up being late.

I had an important meeting with some clients in the morning so I was dressed professionally in a dark gray pencil skirt, black heels, and a soft blue cashmere turtleneck sweater. I had my black coat with me and the game jersey in my purse.

Sammy texted me when she got off the subway to let me know she would be at the Garden in about five minutes. I was ready. The only thing I had to do was grab my stuff and close down my computer. I left my office a couple of minutes later and headed over to the arena. We had agreed to meet up in the lobby, just outside the doors to our seating section. Sammy was already standing there waiting for me when I came around the corner.

"Wow, you look nice," Sammy commented when she saw me with a big smile on her face.

"Thanks." I rolled my eyes. I definitely felt overdressed for a hockey game. "I had a meeting today."

"I figured, but you look good. I am sure Nash will appreciate the tight skirt." She winked at me.

"Sammy!" I groaned.

She just giggled and looked down at her jeans and ankle boots.

"You look fine," I told her, knowing very well that she wondered if she was underdressed. "You look like you belong here more than I do at the moment."

She laughed and flung her blonde hair over her shoulder and I knew I had said the right thing. "Come on businesswoman." She gestured for the door. "Let's go sit in our fancy seats."

I rolled my eyes at her again. "Lead the way, Miss Hockey Fan."

I followed Sammy into the arena. There were no players around but the music was loud and people were filling the stands. The zamboni was driving back and forth and fixing the ice.

"There are people sitting next to us this time," Sammy commented as we walked up the steps towards our seats. For once we were early enough that we would catch the entire game.

icon lock

Show your support for Annica Dahl, and continue reading this story

by Annica Dahl
@BlueEyedSwede
Nash Reed is a hot commodity, both on and off the ice. When his child...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 35 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @BlueEyedSwede.