Rose

Nate

Leo was driving and I was sitting in the back seat with the girl. That's when I decided I should at least get to know her since something told me saving her wasn't just going to be that easy.

"So what's your name?" I asked quietly not wanting to scare her.

"Rose"

Oh pretty

It really suited her since she looked so delicate. Well maybe not right now but I knew she was.

"I'm Nate" I said giving her a comforting smile. "And that's Leo" I said pointing at him. "Do you want to tell me why you were there?"

"I-I don't know if I can"

"I promise you, you're safe with us but I understand if you don't want to talk about it"

"Um Nate?" Leo spoke. "Where are we going?"

Oh

"My apartment? Just take us to my apartment and then you can take the car"

"Nice" He muttered and I saw him smirk.

Maybe letting him take the car wasn't a good idea.

Ι heard a quiet ringing and checked my phone but it wasn't mine.

"Leo is your phone ringing?"  I asked.

"What?" He asked and checked his phone, "No it's not mine"

I looked at Rose and her face looked terrified. She was biting down on her bottom lip so hard that it could bleed and she had her eyes shut.

"Rose is that yours?" I asked.

"Yes, It's him" She whispered.

"Do you need this phone?" I asked and saw her shake her head. I grabbed her phone using my sleeve and threw it out the window. "Leo step on it"

"Say less" He smirked.

I noticed a black car behind us and sighed cupping my face with my hands.

"That's his car" She breathed out.

"Hold on, everything will be okay I promise" I told her and buckled her up. She looked so scared and I wasn't sure if it was because of how fast Leo was going or because of the car following us.

I jumped in the passenger seat and got out my gun.

"Let's see if they're really following us first" Leo said.

Oh right.

I was on edge the whole ride but it turned out that car wasn't really following us. Rose didn't recognize the plates either.

"Don't ruin my car" I told Leo when we arrived. "And I want it back by tomorrow" I warned. He simply nodded and drove off.

I faced Rose feeling a little awkward.

"I hope you're okay with being here?"

She nodded and I led her up to my apartment. My apartment was big enough for both of us and then some.

"You can take a shower and I'll give you some of my clothes if you want"

"Okay" She whispered.

I showed her the bathroom and went in the kitchen to make something for dinner.

This was new to me. I didn't know how to care for people. I didn't know how to take care of people like that and I never had a crying broken girl around.