Chapter 24

A/N
Last chapter guys! Haha I'm not a sappy person-I just wanted to give a couple of shout outs to a couple people (I think you're all great, and if I could, I'd give a shoutout to all of you.)
First lizzyc13, smurf0702, maggiehernon, TheNarnianWarrior , and ZeldaMiss
Thanks for all of your support! It means a lot.
Then to everybody else-thanks for always encouraging me.
Ok-the sappy stuff is done. I'm sorry. :).
There is going to be one more book after this called the Final Hour. Remember to send in your covers by December 15th!
Ok-enough rambling. Back to the story.

You know when there's a big storm, then how the next day, you go outside, and the world just feels so refreshed? Alive?
Well, maybe it's like that with life too.
Because right here-right now, I can't imagine anything ever going wrong again.
I spend a couple days at Asenhouse recovering. After Jaosh and I talked that night, we became much better friends. The idea of spending the rest of my life with him is much easier to think about now. Of course, I still wish that I didn't have to marry him at all.
But marriage is far in the future, or at least a couple years. I didn't realize it, but I turned 16 while I was away.
Happy birthday me.
Also I was happily surprised when Branwen showed up at Asenhouse. She's going to come live with me in the castle. I'm glad I can spare her of the rough life on the streets. Even though I only spent four years without a real home-it's still awful.
Considering how much I was abused and terrified the time I spent with Gai here, Asenhouse is surprisingly relaxing. Maybe it's the fact that I won over it. Or maybe it's just cause anything is better then the Amazonian camp.
That's probably it.
I look down at the angry red scar on my forearm that Electra gave me. That is never going to fade.
That thought makes me feel a mixture of disappointment and pride. Disappointment, because I would like nothing more then to forget that chapter of my life.
Pride because I'm still alive to see that scar.
But eventually sadness wins out, and I roughly pull my sleeve over my arm.

I've spent the past day and a half in bed, and frankly I'm sick of it. I still feel weaker then normal, but now that nobody is watching, I think I feel good enough to get some fresh air.
I stumble out the front door and across the lawn. I collapse more then sit on the ground overlooking the valley.
Asenhouse is on a mountain. I always forget that. I lean back and close my eyes. I remember being here before. Training to be the perfect princess. I ran right over this patch of grass I'm lying in. It's weird to think how much I've changed. I wish I could go back and tell myself that everything would work out. But then again, my past self would probably get really creeped out and screw something up.
I tend to do that.
I lie on the hillside for a while, enjoying the fact that here, nobody could tell me to be careful, or to shove medicine in my mouth every time I talk.
But I know I need to get up.
I haul myself up, and stumble back inside. I'm barely through the front doors before I hear Mufar's voice.

"Eadu!" He yells.

I roll my eyes and sit down. I'm not going to just go up and beg for forgiveness. He can come to me.

And come he does.

"Where on Earth have you been! We've been looking for you! We're going back to Delllea! We thought that...nevermind. You need to go get ready." Mufar shouts.
I stand up.

"What did you mean? You were about to say something then changed your mind. I want to know!" I ask. Mufar glares.

"Not now Eadu."

I glare right back.

"So, since when did you get to keep stuff from me?" I scoff.

"Since you decided to run off and almost get yourself killed. Now go get ready now Eadu." He says angrily. I can tell he's dead serious, so I glare at him for a second longer before marching up the stairs.
I angrily brush my short hair back. This only makes me more angry when I can't pull my hair back.
"Let me help." Kaone says. She pulls my hair up into a bun and helps me into a simple white dress.

"Thank you." I mutter. She laughs.

"Déjà vu much." She says. I smile at her.

"Yea. But I'm glad this time your my friend instead of enemy." I respond. Kaone nods.

"It's hard work hating you." She smiles. I laugh and give her a gentle hug.

"Thanks for everything. Except for shooting me. That was pretty dumb of you." I tell her. Kaone nods.

"I don't think I'm ever going to feel better about that..." Kaone mutters. I laugh.

"Don't worry about it. If our positions were reversed I'm sure I would of too."

Actually no. I would never shoot anybody. Ever. Kaone and I are much different. But similar is boring. And I need Kaone next to me in the next years. And I know she will never betray me again.

"Come on. Let's go home." I mutter.

The long ride home, I sit between Jaosh and Kaone. I sit silently, stiff as a board. I almost don't want to go back home. Every mile that passes, my heavy heart grows that much more. I don't know why though-I should be relieved just to be home. But when I'm there, I'm going to have to be Queen.
It's hard to explain.
I'm always the Queen, but when I'm away from the court of stuffy Seatadors, I don't have to deal with the pressure of traitors, and decisions, and wars.
When I'm home, I'm going to have to make some important decisions. Decisions I don't want to make. It's the responsibility. Don't get me wrong. I love being queen, but I liked the short period of time I could wear what I want, and behave how I want, and laugh as much as I like.
Despite the fact I'm the most powerful person in my country sometimes it feels I have no control whatsoever.

When we arrive in Delllea, the sun is just setting. I look up at my home quietly as we roll through the streets. The carriage opens and Jaosh climbs out. He looks outside and grins.
I start to climb out and he offers me his hand.

"I'm fine." I mutter.

"Trust me Eadu-just do it." Derrin grins.
Confused now, I grab Jaosh's hand and get out of the carriage.
It's the roar that hits me first. Then the lights. Then the people. I look over my city in shock. Thousands of people gathered just below me, cheering my name. They all have a candle, lighting up the square.
I turn to Derrin and Mufar in shock.

"How do they know?" I whispered in shock.

"Mufar might of told a couple people how you saved them, and I guess the word spread." Derrin grins. I walk to them both and give them each a hug.

"Thank you." I murmur.
I look back over the crowd. All the heaviness in my heart disappears. This is where I belong. Right here, with my people. I've known it for a long time. Tonight, the people of Faiyria know it too. This is their way of thanking me for risking my life for them.
My gratitude overwhelms me. I wave at me people, then turn and head inside before the tears come.
War is coming to Faiyria. I know it and they know it. These next couple years will be hard. But we will pull through.
We always do.