Chapter 23

~Payton's POV~

I got a call from Maddie that she needed to get picked up. I was afraid of what I was about to see.

I arrived at the restaurant during my shift. Luckily, my boss loves me. Not literally, don't worry. He has a wife.

I quickly walked in and saw Maddie sitting in a chair next to the manager with bloody bandages on her legs.

"Maddie, what happened?" I asked in shock.

"She went into Pirates Cove and tried to play with the Out of Order machine." The manager said.

Foxy would never hurt her. Would he?

"It wasn't like that Payton. He was helping me feel better."

"Then, how did your legs get hurt?"

She stayed silent. Maybe Foxy is dangerous.

"Come on, Maddie. Let's go home and see if Mom can take care of that."

Maddie held my hand as we made our way back to the car. She was silent almost the whole ride home.

"Maddie, what happened? How did Foxy hurt you?"

"He didn't." Maddie sighed and continued. "I wanted to play with Foxy all night, so I snuck out and went to see him. Then Freddy tried to hurt me, but Foxy saved me. Mike bandaged my leg. And when I played with Foxy today, I tripped and fell on my legs, making them bleed. Foxy just helped me feel better."

"You shouldn't have gone there. It's dangerous."

"I know, and I'm sorry. Please don't tell Mom. She'll make sure I never see Foxy again. And help me make sure the manager doesn't stop me from seeing him. Please."

"Fine." I said reluctantly. "I'll help you. But first, I need to have a little 'talk' with Mike."

I felt like an idiot for not realizing that Maddie was hurt.

She had been limping a little, and Foxy had that broken leg. I feel like a genius.

When we got to a red light, I repetitively smacked my head on the steering wheel, causing it to honk and make the guy next to us mad.

"Shut up your horn!" He said.

"Make me!" I yelled back, giving him another honk and the middle finger.

"What was that thing you did with your hand?" Maddie asked.

"Don't ever repeat it." I hoped that it was enough to make her forget about it.

Well, I'm having a great day.