Part 1: Prologue

The first thing I saw was black.

Pure, unforgiving darkness.

Then, I blinked.

I was in a room; a large room, a dome of pipes that led to places far away from there.

In the center, where I was, a large circle has been drawn in red. I couldn't understand the strange symbols lining the edges, but I understood enough to know it's a transmutation circle.

"Welcome home, my child."

I turned, unused to the feeling of having a body of my own. I waver, but steady myself before I can fall.

A man stood before me on a raised platform; he was tall, with pale skin and blonde hair. He wore robes, robes from the city of Xerxes. How I knew that, I didn't know.

"Who are you?" I questioned, neither friendly or hostile.

"I am your Father." He said, not moving. "You are the embodiment of my Despair. I drew you out from within me so I will not be tainted with such human emotions." He stared me down. "You are the first of my children, the oldest and the most powerful. As my child, you must obey me, and help me achieve my goals. Now, come and sit with me, Despair. We have many things to discuss."

He sat down in a stone chair behind him, gesturing for me to sit on the rocky ground beside him. I did so, seeing no reason not to.

"How many more of us shall there be?" I asked, looking up at Father.

"By the time I succeed in my goal, there shall be eight of you." He answered without looking at me. 

"And what is your goal?"

"To become a god." He replied simply. "I shall draw the power of god to me on a certain day, once much preparation has been completed. You and your siblings shall help me to do so."

I nodded, having nothing else to say. After all, this man was the one who created me, so I must follow him.

I had nowhere else to go.

~~

Next chapter coming soon.