Romeo

EElla POV

School went by pretty fast. Before I knew it, I was sitting down in Mrs. Shirley's class.

This was by far my favorite class. Mrs. Shirley's class is full of books. She has all the classics, but she also has some new ones.

We had just started reading Romeo and Juliet. I had already read it at one of my old schools. It's recommended for sophomores, but Evercrest didn't have reading requirements. It was all up to the teachers.

"Okay, class, who wants to volunteer to be the voice of Juliet?"

I hated that she had the class voice the scenes. She turned her head and looked around the room for her future victims.

"No one wants to volunteer? Okay, I guess it's my lucky day. Ellie, why don't you be our Juliet." She stated, smiling brightly at me.

She started looking for a partner to be Romeo. Her eyes landed on Carter.

"Cart-"

"I have to be Romeo!" Yelled Levi. Scaring our entire class, including me.

Levi's face was so cute he started to blush after he outroars. Carter had a smirk smeared on his face as he stared at Levi.

"Okay, then Levi is our Romeo, Carter; you can be Tybalt."

After she finished naming off who plays who, we begin our reading.

"That which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet; So Romeo would were he not Romeo call'd, Retain that dear perfection which he owes.

Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name, And for that name, which is no part of thee, Take all myself." I read

It was Levi's turn to read, but he just sat there staring at me with pure happiness in his eyes. He sat there with his dopey smile until Mrs. Shirley told him to read.

Levi

I loved listening to her read. Her voice is so sweet, and I could smell her from where I was sitting. Only if she could read to me all day long, I could never be bored.

"Levi?" Mrs. Shirley hissed. That's my queue.

"I take thee at thy word. Call me but love, and I'll be new baptis'd; Henceforth, I never will be Romeo." I said as I watched my beauty blush.

She always blushed; her cute little face got all rosy, somewhat hiding her freckles.

We continued our reading until the bell rang, and with that, I got up and walked toward my love.

"Hello, there, sweetheart." I smile down; damn, she was so short, but for such a shortie, she was beautiful.

"Hello," she whispered, her cheeks getting even redder.

"What are you doing right now?"I asked

"Walking to the bus," she bluntly stated.

Oh yeah, she has that interview thingy today; the diner is about a thirty-minute walk from school but a twelve-minute bus ride.

" Can I drive you there? I mean to the diner?" My face felt as if it was on fire at this very moment.

Her eyes lit up, and she nodded her head slightly, and with that, I took her dainty little hand in mine as we left the classroom.

We walked through the halls and out the door to the parking lot. I drove a dark shiny blue 2020 mustang. It may seem like much, but it's my baby. I partially own a multi-billion dollar company with my father as the alpha you have to make money to support your own.

Ella stops looking back at her; I can see her eyes bugging out. I tug on her arm lightly, and she comes back into reality and walks up to our car.

Ella

He drives a sports car. He drives a sports car. No big deal, it's no big deal. Levi unlocks the doors, and I open them to reveal a smooth black leather interior. The car smells new and is extremely clean.

Sitting down, I'm engulfed in the smell of both new leather and Levi himself. I feel so at peace. Levi hops in and turns the key in the ignition. The car roars to life. We speed out of the school's parking lot and onto the street; the car purrs as we drive down the road towards the diner. We get there in five minutes. Levi pulls into a parking space with perfect precision.

I don't need to be inside for the next thirty minutes. The interview was supposed to be at 4:30, and here we are at 3:00.

Looking over to Levi, I see his eyes studying me; his lips curve up into his million-dollar smile as he finds he's been caught looking at me. He takings my hand into his lap and gives it a gentle squeeze as he brings it up to his lips and kisses the back of it softly. His eyes are full of so much love and care all I want to do is crawl over the console and into his lap.

Looking into my eyes, he whispers to me. "Hey, Babe, are you ready? Let's go get a shake before you start, okay?" His voice was so sweet as if charming without any hesitation; I smile and nod.

Charlie's diners small and cute it has a 1950s kind of look to it with a black and white checkered floor and restored red leather booths. All the other waitresses were old-fashioned roller skates and short dresses. They're cute, not skimpy in any way but show just enough to get you an extra few bucks in your tip.

It was perfect; I could already see myself working here. One of the waitresses rolled over her name tag said Buttercup, which had me giggle. She took us over to the bar, where we proceeded to order our milkshakes. I chose the double Oreo crunch with whipped cream. Levi chose the rocky road supreme, which was rocky road ice cream blended with milk she topped with marshmallow which she burned with a mini torch. Then added a dash of whipped cream, almond crumbs, and a cherry.

Levi and I sat patiently, talking about our day and random stuff like our favorite colors and foods. Levi likes the color blue, and his favorite food is fried chicken which I happen to be good at making.

Our milkshakes came, and we slurped them down. I, unfortunately, got a brain freeze while Levi drank his in a solid two minutes and didn't feel a thing.

" Hello Ella, I'm Charles, but everyone here calls me Charlie; when can you start working?" A man said as he came to stand in front of both Levi and me.

Wait, does that mean I got the job? I didn't have an interview or anything? How, well, I'll take what I can get never question a good thing.

"When do you need me?" I smiled sweetly.

Hey you guys!!! 😊 Thanks for reading. Sorry, these chapters haven't been that long; I've been swamped, and I've been writing on my phone, so sorry for any typos.

Please comment and vote 🗳 😊😘🥰

XOXO- Lillian Dero