10.

CHAPTER TEN.

        When Liv stepped outside the next morning, the campsite was completely trashed. Tents had blown everywhere, collapsed, and even some trees had fallen upon the site. She lets out a sigh, glancing at the mess created around here. She knew that it was going to take a lot of work to clean up, but they'd manage.

        Liv felt sick the next morning, as well. After how she went about getting the antidote from the grounder, she felt disgusted with herself. She takes a few steps out, the air still cool and slightly damp from the night before, but it wasn't as cold as last night.

        She had also managed to clean off her jacket, the blonde now sporting it once again. In front of her was Bellamy who was already set to work with cleaning the debris, glancing up when she steps out.

        "We'll get cleaned up," he assures her, Liv nodding softly.

        She lets out a sigh, breathing out, "If only this was our only problem to worry about."

        Liv continued to keep walking, Liv stiffening when she feels his hand grabs her's, pulling her back so she turns around.

        "Liv," he begins, slowly pulling his hand away from her's, "who we are, and what we need to be to survive are very different things." She nods softly, trying to believe him. She felt sick in regards to herself, disgusted with her actions from last night. She looks into his brown eyes before glancing back over toward the drop ship.

        "What are we going to do about him?" she questions, knowing that they have to do something about this at some point. She shrugs, mumbling, "We can't keep him locked up forever."

        He sighs, stating, "If we let him go, he'll be back, and not alone next time."

        She nods in understanding, knowing that whatever they end up doing about this won't be pretty.

        He looks at her expression, noticing her broken down expression, already able to tell that she's practically tearing herself apart inside because of what she did.

        "It's not easy being a leader, is it?" he murmurs softly, Liv glancing down at the ground.

        And with that, he walks away, leaving Liv alone to her own thoughts.

        Dr. Jake Ryan was highly respected on the Ark. In fact, he was without a doubt the most skillful doctor aboard that ship. Which is why a blessing for Marilyn Ross to be his best friend's wife, currently laying down on his examination table. For the past few weeks she had been feeling unusually queasy, not to mention that she was late to start her period.

        In fact, she was pretty damn sure that these were all signs of being pregnant. Which is why her husband, Lee Ross, had set an appointment for her with his friend. She was fortunate to have such a skillful doctor under her belt, knowing that he'll be here to help her whenever and where ever. 

        He currently runs a small scanner over her stomach, the inside of her uterus being shown on a screen. There, she could see the small legs of a child, a grin forming on her face. From the chair beside her, Lee grabs onto Marilyn's hand, squeezing tightly.

        They were going to be parents.

        It was exciting news, that is, until another set of legs were shown. That wasn't right, her child wasn't supposed to have four legs. Unless he or she was deformed which was enough to make Marilyn sick to her stomach altogether. She had been wanting kids since she was a young girl, always wanting to start her own family on the Ark.