Chapter 16 - Beautiful Mess

Adrian

I’ve been sitting mindlessly in the TV room by myself for hours. It’s already past midnight so I know she won’t be showing up tonight. I already gave up on that hope hours ago. Still, I can’t bring myself to leave in case by some miracle she changes her mind. But even if she doesn’t, I’d rather stay here than be in my room. This place already holds so many good memories and I want to carry them with me, if nothing else.

I pull out my phone and type out a message to her. But just like the six previous times I did this, I erase the message and don’t send it.

Just leave me alone.

The words echo in my head, and even though I hate them with everything I possess, I know I have to give her the space she’s asked for.

Nico tried to get her to come out of her room for a solid hour after she locked herself in there. I finally had to drag him away from her door when he threatened to break it down. He was worried she was going to do something stupid, but I know she just needed time. Sometimes I feel like he doesn’t get her at all.

After throwing a few explicit curse words at me, he finally gave up and said he couldn’t take this bullshit anymore and was going to Ana’s. I’ve been here ever since.

I sigh and fall back onto the couch, resting my arm above my head. I know I shouldn’t beat myself up so much over this, but I feel responsible for what happened. We pushed her into doing something she didn’t want to do and she wasn’t ready for that. I should have known better.

Her reaction still baffles me though. I understand why she would get upset over it, I just don’t understand why it would upset her so much.

The slightest movement catches my eyes and I suddenly see Sofia walking towards me. She’s wearing a white cotton slip that highlights her body and I can’t take my gaze off of it. It’s short, falling above mid thigh, and has a plunging V-neckline with thin straps that show off her chest.

I’m still seeing white when she sits on top of me, her legs straddling my waist. For a second I think I’m dreaming because she looks like an angel looking down at me like this.

“I’m sorry, Adrian,” she says and leans down to kiss me.

It’s not just any kiss. It’s rough and impatient and desperate. Like she needs me.

I immediately kiss her back, easily succumbing to it and giving her whatever it is that she needs. God knows I need it too.

She quickly pulls my t-shirt off in one swift movement and her hands fall on my chest, our mouths only breaking apart for a split second. Her fingers trace down to my abs and I let out a moan as they reach the top of my jeans.

How is this even happening right now?

“Baby,” I whisper, pulling her hands back up and wrapping them around my neck instead.

“Please, Adrian. I want to.”

Holy crap. Those words.

I groan, carefully laying her down on the couch and settling next to her. I search her eyes, trying to find any doubt or hesitation in them, but I don’t see any. All I see is determination and desire.

She really wants this. She wants me.

“Are you sure?” I ask her anyway, seeking validation. I need to hear her say it.

“Yes.”

I bring her mouth to mine again and I kiss her deliberately slowly. I have to take this slow, otherwise I will lose my mind.