Monkeys

No One's POV

It's been three weeks and the two were still traveling as it seemed to of gotten colder. (Y/N) used a small branch to help him walk as he was nearly shivering. Luna walked normally and seemed pretty warm as her species adapted very well to keep their blood warm in very cold conditions. They trudged through the snow as there was also a small layer of ice on the snow.

As they walked Luna noticed that (Y/N) was walking slower and she sensed something off about him. Usually she would take advantage of this and try to get away, but this time she felt like staying with him for some reason. They trudged through the snow until (Y/N) stopped making Luna confused, "Why have we stopped?" "I need to warm up, I'm losing feeling in my feet." "Well I'm sure that there is a cave or a bunch of trees we can sit under and start a fire."

As the two stood still three monkeys came down to have one land on Luna's head distracting her, as another one did the same to (Y/N), while the last one climbed around (Y/N)'s body to grab the bag full of food and run off with it in the trees as the other two followed it. Luna fixed her hair as she did not look happy, "I hate monkeys. They're so annoying." "And they took all of our food that we found today." "What?!" (Y/N) let out an annoyed sigh, "I don't have the energy for this."

The two went to follow the monkeys, but it was hard as they traveled through the trees meaning that they couldn't follow the prints. After a few minutes the two stopped chasing after them as they could no longer see them. The two caught their breath to have (Y/N) look around, "Well we should find somewhere to sleep. No need to waste anymore time." Luna agreed to follow him as they later found a cave, but as they were walking Luna felt something off about (Y/N).

The two settled down to have (Y/N) start trying to make a fire, but as he attempted to smack the rocks together to create a spark he fell to the ground. Luna quickly went to (Y/N), "Hey what's wrong with you?!" "Its nothing. Just a bit cold." His stomach then rumbled making Luna frown, "I thought you ate yesterday." "Well.."

Yesterday

(Y/N) and Luna were making a pit stop near a river to have (Y/N) give Luna some berries. She refused, "I'm fine, I ate yesterday. You should eat." "I already ate today, I just found these. You need to keep your strength." Luna didn't at first, but soon ate as the berries were sweet and delicious. When she ate them she looked away from (Y/N) as she puffed out her cheeks, "Thank you." (Y/N) refilled his canteen, "Your welcome."

Present Time

(Y/N) looked away from Luna, "I havent eaten in four days." Luna's ears went up, "What?! You idiot! Why didn't you eat yesterday?!" (Y/N) gave a weak smile, "I know that you don't eat much of the food I give you, because you don't trust me. So I wanted to make sure you kept your strength yesterday because it seemed like the terrain was gonna get tougher." (Y/N) went to get up, "I've gone longer without eating. I'm fine."

Luna pushed (Y/N) down, "Stay down idiot. Your pale and weak. I'll go find some food. Just don't die while I'm gone." Luna left as she started to look around while the sun started to set. It was beginning to get hard to find some food making Luna worried. As she looked around she noticed something move in the trees, she noticed that it was the monkeys from before we one of them had (Y/N)'s bag.

She started chasing them, "Get back here you damn monkeys!" She chased them for a minute until she fell through some snow making her fall on her stomach. The monkeys stopped to laugh at her making Luna start to shake in frustration. The main monkey with the food stopped laughing to see Luna off the ground and up on the air with her claws out and her eyes red.

Luna arrived back at the cave with the bag of little food to see a fire started as (Y/N) was laying on the ground, "I thought I told you to stay still dummy." She got on her knees to shake (Y/N), "Hey wake up." (Y/N) still had his eyes closed making Luna shake him harder, "Hey wake up." Still nothing, "Hey, please wake up. I'll trust you if you just open your eyes. Please." (Y/N) stirred a little to open his eyes, "Hey, your back already." "Phew. Here eat." Luna fed (Y/N) what they found today to have (Y/N) later regain his strength as he felt better.

He looked over at Luna who was sitting next to him, "Thank you, for helping me." "No problem." A minute later the two got ready to sleep as they grabbed their blankets. (Y/N) put his blanket over him to have Luna lay next to him with her blanket over her, "Goodnight (Y/N)." "Goodnight Luna." (Y/N) went to sleep, 'She never uses my name.' He went to sleep without realizing that once someone from the wolf species creates a bond of trust with someone they become close friends with that person. But when they use their first name they create a stronger bond with that person without realizing it.

The next morning (Y/N) woke up to feel warm and something tickling his chin. He lifted his blanket to see Luna asleep with her body pressed against his and her head under her chin. She woke up to rub her right eye,"Good morning." She got up like it was a normal morning to take the fire out, "We are only a few months away from my clan." "Well let's go then." As they stood at the entrance of the cave (Y/N) tried something by petting Luna's ear to have her close her eyes. When he stopped Luna looked at him, "Are we going?" "Yeah let's go." (Y/N) walked forward to have Luna rub her ear as her cheeks went a little pink, "Idiot."