01.02 | PILOT

• • • • •

𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨( 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘶𝘴 )

𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨
( 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘶𝘴 )

JODI GALLAGHER laid in her and Carl's makeshift double bed, where she had been for most of the afternoon. After Fiona had dropped her off at home, giving her a heart to heart about fighting and concussing fellow students, Jodi had became so completely and utterly bored that she had started and completed her homework (all three day's of suspension worth) and then baked until she ran out of flour. The kitchen counters were currently filled with muffins and cookies, not that anyone in the house minded.

"I got a hummer today," Lip announced, and Jodi could only assume he thought her and Carl were sleeping. She furrowed her eyebrows disgusted to be listening in to her brother's sex life—she had fought a girl for calling her brothers hot only that morning.

    Ian replies, "What's the law on sex with pets?"

Jodi giggled, before covering her mouth with her hand, continuing to pretend to be sleeping. Ian and Lip had gone quite, whispering to each other before Jodi suddenly was yanked out of bed and thrown onto Ian's. "What's this? Little miss eavesdropper?"

Jodi sat up, leaning against the wall. "Was it from that girl you helped–" Jodi raised her fingers as fake quotation marks, "–study?"

Lip nodded, a grin creeping up. "Karen Jackson." Ian quickly took out a rolled blunt from a plastic bag he kept stashed in his underwear door, lighting it.

"No way," Ian shook his head, a grin appearing on his own lips as he passed Lip the blunt he had just took a hit off of.

"She got a C in physics needed a B." Lip shrugged, turning away from Jodi and blowing out smoke.

"So you gave her a D?" Jodi blinked, before adding; "The D." Ian laughed as Lip hit Jodi with a pillow, before getting up and walking over towards the nightstand by the window where had just pulled Jodi from. He looked over at Carl who had earplugs in, something he always slept with. Jodi would wear them, too, but unlike Carl she knew that Lip and Ian gossiped like old ladies at the salon, and if there was something Jodi loved; it was gossip.

   Lip settles himself at the window, sitting on the top of Jodi's nightstand. "You wouldn't have waited this long to tell me." Ian said, continuing to pass the blunt back and forth—Jodi excluded for obvious reasons.

"Five hours?"

"You're full of shit," Ian laughed, Jodi nodded in agreement.