01.03 | FRANK THE PLANK

• • • • •

𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦( 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘶𝘴 )

𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦
( 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘶𝘴 )

STEVE WILTON surely had won over the Gallaghers. At least for the most part. It wasn't long before he had practically became a member of their household; helping with dishes, picking up dinner, doing laundry (even though he had the very valid excuse to get out of it just by saying he had bought the washer), and even helping out with the younger kids homework a few times. Thanks to him, Jodi now understood long division. Overall, Steve was a great guy, and great was a rare quality to be able describe a boyfriend (or fling—no one was really sure of their title yet) of Fiona Gallagher's; so let's just say the Gallaghers were appreciative of the man, no matter how poorly they showed it.

"You got it, Jo?" Ian says as he hands her the bag of burgers they had just picked up, Steve being the chauffeur and taking care of expenses. Jodi nodded dismissively, biting her lip as she concentrated on levelling out the heavy, grease-soaked bag with her hands. She slowly walked up the front steps, eyes still focused on the bag as she hears Steve lock his expensive—as well as stolen—car. Well, Jodi didn't know that for sure, but from what she had gathered when gossiping with Debbie about their oldest sister's new boyfriend; his money wasn't exactly clean. Not that that mattered to Jodi as long as she was getting dinner outside of a prison cell.

Once finally in the house, Ian took her bag into the kitchen as Jodi settled herself onto the floor next to Debbie, leaning on the back of the couch. "Burgers coming through!" Ian warned, a paper plates in each hand with a wrapped burger on each. Steve follows behind him rushing out from the kitchen into the living room, burger filled paper plates in his hands too.

Fiona messes with the remote control for the television as she calls out, "Uh, Lip. Napkins." Karen, Lip's new girlfriend says something about her being able to get them, but Lip quickly shoots her down. Jodi scrunches her nose at that: Fiona's got a boyfriend, Lip's got a girlfriend. If Ian got a boyfriend then Jodi would start to feel as if she missed a memo. She didn't want to miss out on the dating scene, no matter what her older brothers said.

   "Only ketchup?" Steve starts calling out the orders. Debbie takes it from him, as he calls out the next. "Extra onions, jalapenos?"

   Veronica walks into the room, taking the burger from him, a box of cookies in her hand. "Make room!" She steps over the couch to sit next to Fiona. Carl quickly takes the seat next to her, stepping over Jodi to sit there. He reaches for the package of Oreos. "Ah ah ah," V slaps his hand away, "After you finish your shake and fries."

   "Extra lettuce?" Steve reads the writing on the paper wrapper. Jodi shouts out and he hands it to her, she quickly unwraps it taking a bite into the calorie-filled sandwich.