•33•

Maia hadn't truly been introduced to the pack as of yet- though some prying eyes certainly caught whiffs of her scent and seen her from a distance- it was merely momentary.
It wasn't shocking to the White Lily Pack, as a group of lycans certainly understood better than any wolf how possessive they could be during the honeymoon phase with their mates.
An alpha would take it to an even more horrifying degree, like the former Alpha and Luna, Lucien's parents.

Surely everyone knew the story of how the former Alpha locked his mate inside for nearly a decade? Only after she conceived did she actually start her duties as Luna, and began participating in Pack functions and management.
That wasn't the worst of it though- those with inside information knew that the Luna actually destroyed four buildings, tried 38 escape attempts, threatened homicide and likely even attempted that too, before her mate even considered allowing people to visit her.
So their current Alpha, though worse off than the rest of them, was considered a saint.

So when the pack hall, usually filled with a combination of unmated and newly mated wolves, witness their Alpha appear with a shockingly delicate female- it nearly erupted into chaos.

Bryan, a young warrior, was the first to stand from one of the leather sofas set out for comfort and convenience, "Is this the Luna?!"
With a nearly stupid expression on the youth's face, everyone turned their gazes back to Maia.

Who was completely un-minding of the attention due to her focus on the smell of food threatening to turn her into a starving animal.
Normally, this attention would make her green in the face and shake with anxiety, she truly wasn't used to it.
That could be said to be a downside to such a caretaker as her Noona- instead of forcing the interactions which could later help her- she rather let Maia be due to the likelihood of guilt.
Lucien analyzed the expressions of his pack meticulously, which varied from awe, shock, excitement, and fawning to skepticism, disdain, confusion, and envy.
Since none of it was out of his expectations, he was relaxed inwardly.
His mate on the other hand.. glancing at Maia's slightly ravenous expression... he figured she wasn't even in the mind set to bother with anyone in general.

His sharp gaze softened considerably, as he led her gently to the kitchen area where an older female member was making waffles and bacon in bulk for the endlessly hungry wolves.
Her name was Julia, and Maia immediately liked the woman who gave off a warm and gentle demeanor.
When she noticed her Alpha and Luna approaching, she brightened up, feeling quite pleased with herself for switching shifts with Ruby the day before.
Now she gained this unexpected favor.

"Alpha, Luna" with a respectful bow, she was immediately helped up by Maia- understandably since she acted this way commonly with her Noona who was frail now.
Warmth spread throughout Julia at the sweetness which could've made her tooth ache.
No wonder this Luna was swept away like a princess and locked up.

"Oh sweet child, you must be hungry, I'll make anything you like" Julia laughed, and Maia enjoyed the smile lined etched onto Julia's light brown skin, and her hazel eyes with squinted in obvious approval.
Her hunger being acknowledged caused a deep blush to heat up Maia's face, but she smiled nonetheless and simply pointed at the already made food.

"Can I just have this please? It smells delicious" trying not to salivate like a cartoon character, Maia softly giggled.
Lucien- who stood from beginning to end like a hulking shadow- felt his own lips tilt into a small smile as the mischievous glint in his mate's eyes.
Placing an arm around her waist to pull her closer, he nodded at Julia in acknowledgment while the woman beamed even brighter and began preparing a hearty plate.

More food meant more meat on the bones! And more meat on the bones meant an easier birth process!
She'd obviously like to live long enough to possibly hold the future Alpha!