Chapter 55

" I Love You."

She could hear the words and her subconscious mind registered those words were from the person she loved the most.

She wants to wake up and tell him that she also loves him so much but she couldn't.

She can hear his words, she can hear his sobs, she can hear him begging her daily to get up. His tears and cries urges her to wake up and take away his pain but how.

One day she had gave up and stopped fighting to live. How much ever she tried her body wouldn't respond and her brain wouldn't allow.

His voice was the only reason that kept her alive otherwise She had given up and was drifting away towards the dark. She had lost all the hope and was ready to die. But that's when she heard him.

She had heard his voice after what felt like years and that stopped her from going into the dark.

She saw a light in the darkness and that light, that hope was none other than the love of her life. He brought her back into the light and his voice made her urge to live, to fight with the darkness.

From then she would daily wait eagerly to hear from him. It would be very difficult when he cries because at that time she wanted to break all those ties that are binding her and hug him tightly. She fights with herself to unbind herself and that's when her nerves starts to stress which makes her heart beat rise and also her brain aches.

She also heard from her friends and her parents too. She heard many other voices too but none of them made her react except for Siddharth.

She doesn't know from how many days she had been in coma and she doesn't know till how many days she will be in coma but she knows that he is the reason that she is still breathing lying on this bed.

Now also she can hear him, she can feel him......he is talking about Karthik and Riya. She wants to reach him, hold him and talk to him. Her brain was aching and her heart thumps in her chest.

He was holding her hand and she felt warmth spread through her body because of his touch.

******

Sunrays fell on her face and she woke up. She sat on the bed looking around and saw him who slept sitting on a chair with his head on her bed. She caressed his head and he smiled in his sleep.

She observed his face and felt that he has changed. His hair looked long and he has a dark beard and moustache. His forehead has wrinkles and his face looked pained.

She pecked lightly on his cheek and just stared at him as if she blinks her eyes, he will vanish away. She doesn't know what's happening with her and got up from the bed. She walked towards the door and looked around. But when she looked back, she stood rooted in her place.

She could see herself lying lifeless on the bed and saw Siddharth still sleeping. She touched herself and got panicked.

She walked towards the bed and tried to move her sleeping self but she couldn't.

She tried to sleep back on the bed and fit in her body but no she couldn't.

What's happening?

Am I dead?

At that thought itself, she broke down falling on her knees.

She can't believe she is dead now.

Am I a ghost now?

At that thought, she broke down crying again.

She looked up at Siddharth who is still  sleeping unknown of her death.