40 // Smiley Flower

a/n : currently on quarantine and don't have school, so be expecting TONS of updates on this (and my other [new] story 'Cupcake') !!

* * *
"Alright, what are you wanting?" I ask Harry, turning on my e-file.

"What the fuck is that?" he asks worriedly, withdrawing his hands and holding them up against his chest like a little kid.

"Relax," I say, chuckling and holding my hand out for him to give me his, "it's e-file."

"What does it do?" He slowly and hesitantly brings his hands back onto my desk.

"It can do a lot of things," I explain, "But what I'm using it for right now is just to prep your nails for the gel polish."

"Is it- is it going to hurt?" He seemed utterly terrified. It was honestly cute and I couldn't help but laugh fondly.

"Not at all," I say, shaking my head. I bring the electric file up to my had and run it over the back of my hand to show him how painless it actually was. "See? Completely harmless."

Now that he was sure I wouldn't drill his finger off, he relaxed his hands and placed them just where I need them.

On the desk in front of me, that is.

"So what is it that you're wanting?" I ask again, taking ahold of his pinky on his right hand to begin filing off the top shiny layer.

"I thought about it all night," he says, scooting his rolling chair forward.

"Okay," I laugh at how obviously excited he was for me to do his nails.

"So on this hand," he raises his left hand—the one I wasn't working on, "I want like all the fruit from my songs."

"Okay, so like cherry, watermelon, kiwi, maybe strawberry and..."

"Oh shit, that's only four huh?" he says, his smile dropping as he realizes his plan was ruined.

"Yeah, but we can just do something else on like your thumb or something," I suggest, shrugging.

"Yeah that sounds like a good idea," he agrees, nodding, "but what though?"

"We have time to figure it out," I say. "What do you want me to do on the other hand then? The same thing?"

"No, actually," he says, smiling brightly again. "I want it to have something to do with the album. But not just pink and blue."

"Okay, Ummm..." I think for a moment. "We could write out 'Fine Line'."

"But I only have five fingers," he giggles, "That's eight letters."

"I know," I say, holding my hand out for Harry to give me his other hand, "We could write out 'Fine' on four of your fingers then 'Line' on your thumb."

"Oh my God," he gasps, "that's a great idea!"

"I try," I joke, shrugging playfully.

* * *

"So have you figured out what you want on that thumb yet?" I ask, gesturing for Harry to place his hand under the UV light for like the millionth time.

"A smiley face," he says, tilting his head to the side and smiling.

"Alright," I nod, "but why a smiley face?"

"Because you make me so happy," he says in a corny voice, obviously joking.

"Okay," I snort, shaking my head at his cheekiness.

So far, I was pleasantly surprised by the job I did on his nails. The designs weren't complicated and most definitely not the hardest ones I've ever done, but I was deathly nervous. The fact that my hands didn't look like a caffeine addict going through withdrawals while I was writing the letters on Harry's nails blew me away.