n i n e

Carol and Lori had decided to cook dinner for the Greene family, in gratitude of everything the Greene family had done for them.

There were two separate tables, Natalie sat next to Shane and Dale, whilst Emilia and Isabel sat with Beth and Maggie on the other table.

The room was silent besides the clattering of forks and knives scraping against the plates.

Natalie would constantly look up to her father, who she could tell was not liking this.

Herschel feared that this new group would plan on staying here for good, and so far he focused more on the bad rather the good when it came to them.

No one had spoken until Glenn turned around to face everyone, "Does anyone know how to play the guitar?" He said with a smile, "Dale found a cool one. Somebodies got to play," he said laughing.

Natalie liked Glenn a lot, he was kind and friendly, something you won't come across in this world as often as you would like.

"Otis did," Patricia said gently, causing Shane to stop moving. Natalie noticed this, Shane tensed up beside her and didn't even lookup.

"Yes and he was very good too," Herschel said.

The group returned to silence.

Glenn turned back around to his plate, causing Maggie to look up at him and slide him a note below the table. Natalie saw this interaction, and she smirked. Young love, she thought to herself. Glenn took the note and scribbled on it and handed it back.

Herschel saw. Natalie, also saw that, too.

The dinner was over, and Rick's group has gone back outside to the tents.

Natalie, Maggie and Beth were left to tidy up the place. Beth was stationed at the sink and Natalie was left to dry and stack up the dishes.

Maggie walked away, causing her eldest sister to follow, "You wanna tell me what that was back at the table?" Natalie smirked. Maggie didn't respond she just smiled at her. "I'm happy for you, truly."

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Maggie smiled back wider.

"But dad does, he saw it, what you were doing at the table with him," Natalie informed, seriously. "I get it, your only young once, you wanna do whatever you want to, trust me, I know, but try to make it a little more discrete." She whispered, "I want them to stay here, they deserve somewhere safe, they're good people, don't give dad another reason to kick them out here."

"Dad doesn't have to look after me."

"I know, but you know what he's like, he'll do what he thinks is right." Natalie said, "Now, you wanna tell me what the note was about?"

"I haven't even read it yet," she breathed out a laugh pulling it out of her pocket and opening it up.

Tonight. Where?

Ever done it in a Hayloft?

"That's disgusting." Natalie cringed as she read the note from behind her shoulder. "But still, go girl, don't keep him waiting!" she laughed but stopped suddenly when she realised Maggie wasn't laughing along.

Maggie rushed out the house and to the barn.

"Maggie?" Natalie called. "Damn, she's eager."