𝟏𝟐

a/n: charlotte's outfit is above ⬆

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 ━═☆

The sun rising on the horizon was more than a good sign; it was a powerful omen to say that we can still hope and dream. Every day was a new chance to change and make it better for a brighter future.

Ever since forever, Charlotte had a belief that no matter what happens, as long as the sun rises then everything would be fine, in time. Maybe it was the fact that underground had no sunlight that made her days their even more unbearable.

She could finally enjoy the warmth of the sun against her skin, not as warm as her human days but Charlotte was thankful she had the ability to walk in the sun rather than hide till the dawn of night, like many vampires.

Damon, being as cautious as ever, didn't let her out of the Salvatore Boarding House when she had first woken up before seeing her necklace, a spelled necklace with lapis lazuli, he had figured none other than Emily Bennett must have spelled it.

Charlotte smiled to herself, getting ready for a bright new day with a warm sun clear from her room's window. This was it, her new start, her second chance at life.

Damon drove Charlotte to school in his 1969 blue Chevy Camaro, drawing the attention of many high schoolers as he opened her car door, jokingly trying to act like a gentleman as the Bernard rolled her eyes.

"That was unnecessary."

Damon chuckled, shaking his head, "Of course it was, that bought you the whole year which means no one is gonna try and...," He paused for a second, to pick the right words, "...annoy you."

"Why would someone try and annoy me...or anyone for that matter?" Charlotte shrugged her shoulders, asking as they made their way to the Administration office.

"Struggles of a teenage life...everyone is annoying," Damon stated, stopping in front of a lady's desk.

Damon eyed the woman's name tag before speaking, "Miss Adams...? Here's the thing, little Charlotte here wants to join the school and you see...some of her papers aren't exactly existing...," He trailed off.

Miss Adams raised an eyebrow, looking from Damon to a beaming Charlotte, "I am afraid I can't help you with that."

Damon tsk'd, leaning forward to get in perfect contact with Miss Adams' eyes, "Oh, but you can. You are gonna have to work on making sure all of Charlotte's papers are complete— with perfect grades, she is a real nerd at heart," He compelled, his pupils dilating.