Ch.22 The Princess

Chapter 22

2 months later (February)

Mavi raised the wooden sword in the hand above her head. She brought it down with thundering speed as the king's guard beneath her roller over on the floor. Her sword collided with the black mat on the floor, leaving an ugly gash.

Quick as lightning, Mavi turned around and jabbed the hilt of her sword into the guard's jaw. The man, caught off guard by the Princess' sudden aggression, stumbled back. His training took over and he was back on his feet in a split second. Mavi narrowed her eyes at him and swung her sword again. And again. And again. A again.

The king's guard blocked every strike with his arms or by jumping back. Mavi was relentless, she moved forward for every step he took backward. Finally, when she saw an opening, she swung her sword for the men's neck. The soldier raised both of his arms to fend off the wooden blade.

This was Mavi's chance. She switched hands and moved the sword to her left hand and immediately made contact with the guard's stomach.

"And that's a kill shot," Exton called out from the sideline as he marked off her time. He was about to call Mavi off the mat when from the corner of his eyes he saw her raise her sword again.

"Mavi," He called out but it was too late. She struck the guard behind his knee, sending the man down to the floor. She then poked him with her wooden sword over his heart. Moving back, she grabbed his head and tilted it so that his throat was wide open.

Mavi looked up at Exton as she slid the wooden sword over the king's guard's throat.

"That's a kill shot," she said.

"That's over kill," Exton pointed out. "You would have killed him with that first jab to the lower stomach.... everything else you just did was unnecessary."

Mavi rolled her eyes, "Your existence is unnecessary."

"Mavi," Exton tried to keep his tone light. The guards were all around them and it was easy to see they were wary of what they just saw the princess do.

Mavi dropped her sword and turned away. She took off the protective gloves she was wearing and dropped them on the ground as she began to walk out of the training room.

"Where are you going?" Exton called after her.

"I have plans," Mavi didn't bother turning around.

"We're not done training,"

"Too bad, so sad," Mavi shrugged.

Exton groaned as he began to follow his sister, "Piglet!"

Mavi whirled around in anger, "Don't call me that!"

Exton halted and sighed, "Mavi.... dad is going to be mad if she finds out you left training early again."

Mavi stared at her brother with a blank expression, "He wants me to find my mate, right?"

Exton didn't respond. He scratched his jaw and looked back at the guards waiting on him.

"How am I suppose to find that idiot from within these palace walls?" Mavi raised a brow and asked her brother.

Exton didn't have an answer for her. He knew she was angry at Xavier and she had every right to be. If he was being honest, Xavier was being a little too dramatic with the whole sending Owen away thing. He underestimated Mavi's reaction. Never in Xavier's wildest dream did he think his little girl would turn the whole game on it's head.

When Exton didn't respond, Mavi slipped out of the training room. She removed her jersey in the middle of the hall way, leaving her in her tight leggings and sports bra. The palace workers all avoided looking at her as she walked down the hall towards her room. She let her hair out of it's ponytail and shook her hair out. She heard the quiet hushed whispers about her and felt the sneaky glances, but she was too numb to care. She hoped it all made it back to her father.