Busted

A/N: Hi. Just a few thank yous. THANKS FOR GETTING ME 100 READS!!!

Thanks to @MajesticWriter1 for her help with the argument scenes in this chapter and an overall helper with this story. 

Thanks to @bwthib for so many ideas for the future chapters.

Harrison's POV

I take out my phone and dial Tom's number. I hear Dawn yell something but I'm too concentrated to understand what she's saying.

"Hello?" Tom says through the other side of the line.

"Hi, go check on your daughter." I say. Dawn looks like a deer in headlights.

"Haz it's 4 in the morning. She's probably sleeping."

I hear Tom open the door and gasp. "WHERE IS SHE!!?" 

I look over at Dawn and pass her the phone. "Uh....hi." She says quietly.

"Dawn Sarah Holland!! Come home right now!" Tom yells. Dawn hands the phone back to me.

"I'll drive her over." I say and hang up. I tell Dawn to come with me. We walk back to my place in silence, get into the car, and drive to Tom's. We park in front of the apartments and Tom is waiting outside, arms cross with a serious face. I nudge for Dawn to get out of the car. She gets out and Tom meets her as she's walking past him. He grips her arm to stop her from walking and says something along the lines of "You better me in bed and asleep when I go back inside. We'll talk about this later." Dawn only nods and yanks her arm out of Tom's grasp. I get out of the car and walk over to Tom.

"Hey mate." Tom says.

"Hey." I respond.

"Sorry about that. I don't know what's gotten into her."

"She's a teenager, that's what they do." I say.

"Ya. Well thanks for finding her. I owe you one."

"No problem. See you later." I say and he wave bye.

Tom's POV

 I walk back inside, the anger in me is raging. I walk upstairs to check that Dawn's asleep. I open her door slowly and find her underneath all her blankets, with her head poking out. I make sure she's asleep, and close the door. 

Later that day...

Dawn wakes up and comes downstairs. I'm still angry but less angry. I see her walking into the kitchen and know it's time.

"Dawn, come here." I say. She comes to the couch area and sits down. I begin to scold her. "How could you be so irresponsible?! You could have gotten kidnapped or worse! You are so lucky that Harrison found you when he did! What do you have to say for yourself?"

Dawn looks down at her feet. "Sorry we just really wanted to hang out."

"We? Who's we?" I ask. Then I realize something. "Wait! Who's jacket is that?!" I see the school's symbol on the front of the jacket and the entails A.M on the sleeve. "That's Alan's. You sneaked  out to go see Alan!?"

"Yes! I went to go see Alan! Is that so wrong!?"

"It's wrong if you sneak out at midnight to go see him. Do you know how I felt finding my daughter's window open and her nowhere to be seen?" Dawn looks down at her feet.

"Ok here's the deal. You're grounded for a week. No phone, no friends, and no Alan. You go to school and come straight back. No detours."

"What?! You can't do that?"

"Yes I can. I'm your father and what I say goes!"

Dawn huffs in annoyance but agrees. "Fine. I'm sorry I went out."

"It's alright. Just don't do it again." I say and we hug. "How did you even sneak out? We are on the second floor."

"It's called jumping Dad." Dawn says. I laugh and we decide to watch a movie. I make Dawn give me her phone. But before she does I let her text Alan that she won't be able to text him for a week. She finally hands her phone in and I go plug it upstairs in my room. I come back down and we watch a movie. For the rest of the day we bake cookies, watch movies talk about life and catch up. God, being a parent is hard, but so worth it.