031

a little action for you all.  (another chapter after this one)

chapter song: king shit (nsty remix) 

                  Z  A  Y  N 

        5:09PM 

        I slid the tied rope across my wrists until the material burned against the skin there. Liam, behind me back to back, struggled to break his ankle free from the unbearable hold. We were raided of all our weapons but one. Our minds. 

        "Fuck, Zayn, this is a Devil's knot," Liam grunted in frustration.

        With a hiss, I tugged at the rope one last time before panting heavily and nearly giving up. "I am aware, mate. We've got half an hour before they return. Who thought that purple haired idiot had brains?" I gnarled. 

        "Just a second," Liam suddenly snapped. "Why are we trying to break the rope for hours, when we are both strong enough to break through this hardwood?" 

        A flood of irritating coursed through me. "Why didn't you think of that before, dip shit?!" I accused almost immediately. For two lads that have worked in the business for more than the majority of our lives, I felt like such an imbecile. 

        "I didn't see you coming up with the idea sooner either, mate, so go bitch around when we're out of here." Liam retorted, shifting in his seat. He was ready to to leave this demonic apartment we've inhabited for weeks. 

        My agitation was settled. The clock was tuned into twenty seven minutes. In my mind, it ticked and it ticked. The prolonging sound made me insane with anger, and that anger drove my muscles to strain as we settled on breaking the hardwood. 

        This couldn't have been a better moment to escape. There were less men now that they were heading to their boss's headquarters. Wherever that was. No doubt the boss is furious. They couldn't get Harry away from Catalina if they had tanks and explosives. 

        I growled at the constriction of my wrists as Liam explained to me his idea.

        "Both of us need to push up and bring back a lot of force onto the chair. Hopefully it will bend, and the ropes around us will loosen as well." He told me briefly, sounding every convinced that this would work. 

        I went along with it, seeing as it was best to have an idea than to have none. Liam and repeatedly did this. Jumped up, pushing with our legs and the chairs both raised a centimeter of the dirty tiled floors, and then we forcefully set them down. 

        At the sound of a crack, I became overly pleased. "Man, it's working." 

        "I see," Liam grunted, obviously putting a lot of force into this. 

        The second a leg from my chair cracked off, part of Liam's tore right off. It sent us to the ground, shattering the rest of the hardwood with our weight. Out of luck, the ropes that hugged us with no mercy released, and I stood up with such speed it was almost unrealistic. 

        Liam stood along with me. I rubbed my wrists and cracked my neck with tilts of my head. I clenched my jaw out of fury and even though I was relieved to be free from those chairs, I couldn't wait to get my hands on a man and shoot the muscles of his skull with a gun. 

        I was tired of being mocked while I sat there helplessly. And I could tell by how Liam stretched his arms and cracked his knuckles that we were ready to fuck the men left in his building up. 

        "Find me our fucking guns, Liam." I told him, furious and yet impatient to get this show on the road. 

        Without another word, Liam walked to the corner of a room that held a tall bookshelf. One that was worn out and had nothing but dirty, dusty books on it. 

        He slammed his hands against the books and tore them off the shelf to reveal a square whole in the wall behind it all. He reached inside and pulled out our guns and the little ammunition we had left. 

        "How the hell did you know they were there?" I asked him. 

        "I woke up before you when we were transferred here. Let's just say I was awake and took advantage of it." 

        "Nice." I muttered, nodding my head as he tossed me my pistol.

        The feeling of it against my palm brought back the ignited fire inside of me. This was my whole life. In other eyes, it should be disgraceful and Hell-ridden. In mine, however, I felt blessed enough to give no fucks about anyone outside my own life. 

        Liam cocked his gun after me, and we both glanced up at each other. His lips curved into a smirk as he said, "Only a few bullets. Use them wisely, mate." 

        I huffed, reaching for the doorknob and slowly beginning to turn it. "I kill whoever gets in my fucking way." 

       And that couldn't have been a more honest statement. I was furious. Being kept under surveillance and mocked from an unfair point was maddening for me. I didn't do well when others mocked me. 

        The air shifted. Adrenaline ran through my body as Liam inhaled deeply behind me and raised his gun in the air. I did the same, walking down an empty hallway like the silence was waiting to kill. No words passed our lips. 

        Our silent communication became key. I witnessed a few of the men sitting at a table, throwing around cards and fifty dollar bills. I clenched my jaw and watched from around the corner. Various naked women were sitting on their laps, wasting their beauty on men like them. Like us. 

        Stupid females. 

        I shook my head and fought the urge to shoot them all. Liam nudged me roughly, getting my attention and quietly signalling that fighting them all and letting them be aware of our escape is not the best way to go, especially trying to stay low key. 

        The second we reached the front door of the apartment, I made a quick scan of the door. No detectors in sight. Liam waved around his hand, slowly touching the surface of the door before I went with my gut and opened it. 

        Nothing occurred except our fast-paced sprint down the hallway. I panted as we were outside a minute later. We both slowed down for a quick second. I placed my gun in my back pocket, hiding it away from the public for now. Liam proceeded to do the same.

        "What now?" He asks. 

        I stared down the street, shaking my head and sighing. "We find the motherfuckers that still work for Mr. Gates and we ask some questions."

        "Sounds like a plan. What about Harry and Catalina?" 

        "They've got time to find Ray. The real shitty problem is that we don't know where our boss is."

        note// second chapter of the night coming. 3:30AM here and I'm updating for you guys BC I love ya'll. <3