Grand Central Station

(Flashback from the Expo chapter)

The night continued and I tried not to think about Bucky's soon departure, of course I failed miserably. Steve eventually wandered off to check out the military stand. As we walked around I fiddled with my dress nervously.

"Not havin' a good time doll?" Bucky asks softly.

I looked up at him. "I am! I'm just- thinkin'." I sent him a small smile.

He sighed. "I'm sorry, I know I sprung this on ya."

"No, it's okay... I probably would have worried myself for days... at least we enjoyed our last moments together..." I said softly looking down.

"Hey don't say that doll." He used his finger to tilt my chin up to look at him. "I'm gonna come back for ya, Alright? I'd never leave ya." He wrapped an arm around my waist pulling me in close.

"Really?" I blinked up at him.

"Nothin could keep me away from you, I promise." He pressed his forehead to mine and stared down into my eyes lovingly.

I smiled and kissed him softly. "I'll hold you to that promise soldier."

He looked at the time and sighed. "I've got to get going soon." He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I nodded. "I understand, can I walk you?"

He smiled, "That sounds perfect." And so I did. Bucky and I made small talk on our way to the station but kept quiet most the time. I could feel my demeanor start to slip the closer we got.

"Doll?" Bucky's voice broke me from my trance. "We're here.."

I nodded and wiped at my eyes. "Right sorry." I took a deep breath. "Don't do anything stupid out there." I looked up at him.

"I won't, Steve took all the stupid." He grinned.

I chuckled a sob.

"Aw babe don't cry." He cupped my cheeks wiping away my tears. "I promise, I'll be back in no time."

"You better be mister, I'll be waiting right here in this spot." I smiled through the tears that wouldn't stop coming.

"Whenever you miss me, just look at this and remember all our good times." He tapped the necklace on my neck that he had given me on our dinner date the night of our first kiss.

"I will." I sniffled.
(End)

I squeezed my eyes tighter as I felt the heat of bright lights on my face. I groaned hearing some mumbling coming from my right and I slowly opened my eyes seeing a worried Bucky exchanging words with Dr. banner.

They must have noticed I was awake because they were both suddenly very alert.

"Liv, oh thank god you're okay." Bucky took my hand in his.

"W-what happened?" I asked feeling groggy and confused.

"I went to get you some Ice and when I came back you were unconscious on the floor.