70.

Sent out

       THE day before Zhu Mingli was sent out to the southern border, he had tormented Yan Gen during the night like never before, unwilling to be separated from him for a second.

       “Will you miss me?” he said in a husky voice and one can hint the forlon and hopefulness in his voice, hoping that his wife will miss his presence just as he to her. They just got married for a few weeks and now he's going to be send out to the battlefield.

       Yan Gen was so tired he couldn't understand the words he's saying. When he didn't answer, Zhu Mingli pulled his naked body closer to him, his arms tightening around Yan Gen.

       “Will you miss me?” he asked again, it sounded demanding unlike before. Yan Gen slightly opened his eyes and came face to face with his wide chest. “I don't know...” his answer made Zhu Mingli livid and dejected. He pulled him up by the waist, levelling his head to his dark eyes “what do you mean you don't know? You wouldn't miss me at all, is that it? will you be so happy for me to leave?” he asked him question one after another, obviously upset with his answer.

       This is giving me a headache. Yan Gen thought, he's physically being overworked and now he wants him to overworked his mentality too “I don't know” he repeated the same word in annoyance and added “how would I know if I will miss you or not? You're still here, aren't you?” he sense danger when he saw Zhu Mingli's eyes light up in determination, like he was about to do something that will not make him forget about him “Then I'll make you miss me once I'm away from here” with that, he covered his petite body again with his large frame.

       Yan Gen doesn't know what time of day he woke up but he was sure it was already nearing the afternoon, seeing the sun so high up and casting its light inside the room through the window. His maidservants already cleaned up the mess they've made last night and he had been cleaned and changed into a clean nice clothes. He must be really tired, he didn't even wake up from their action.

       A winced came out of him when he tried to stand up, he feels really sore down there. He cursed Zhu Mingli a hundred times in his head, why must women experience this kind of pain? Why not men? They just insert their **** and came out fine. Yan Gen thought indignantly.

      Speaking of, Zhu Mingli had already gone to the capital, marching with a hundred and thousand soldiers to the South. The space where he lied had already gone cold.

       The prince's servants were giving him an unjustified look. Their wangfei didn't bother to send their prince on his journey and she also didn't help their prince wore his armor.

       If only they knew how much pain and plea--- that's not included--he had gone through. He can't even walk properly right now. It was because Zhu Mingli knew that he was exhausted from their last night's activities that he didn't wake him up from his slumber to send him off though it was a duty's wife and when one of his close subordinates asked where his wife is, all he said was ‘she's tired’ and everyone burst out in laughter, who doesn't know what that means?

       In the Wangfu, Yan Gen unexpectedly found himself really busy, and here he thought he would boringly pass his days . He had become the manager of a large estate, naturally he had to check the accounts, storage and everything else that needs to be taken care of. Sometimes he would be invited in the back palace by Noble Consort Su.

       The first time meeting her, Yan Gen thought that she wouldn't like him. After all, Zhu Mingli had suffered a lot ever since they got married, and he lost his Wei clan's backing. It wasn't a favorable marriage anymore, more like a disadvantage to her son to climb the dragon throne.

       He was surprised that Noble Consort Su treated him nicely, he was suspicious at first, his experience around women after living in this world for long told him that they weren't simple, women definitely cannot be underestimated just because they look weak. But after so many days, she still treat him the same.

      They would talk about random things though Zhu Mingli's name mostly came up in their conversation, his mother couldn't help himself from talking about his son every now and then. Xiao Wu this, Xiao Wu that.

      “Xiao Wu likes you a lot, he wouldn't even let you have a slight of grievances. Treat him well. You many not love him now but you will love him eventually. He always has a weak spot for you.” Noble Consort Su said with a soft voice while holding his right hand. Yan Gen smiled “This princess consort will always treat him well” I'm already paying back his kindness by sleeping with him every time he wants to, aren't I? I even give him my virginity when my original plan was give my first night to a beautiful hot woman. I'm also taking care of the wangfu. Yan Gen counted the things he had done for Zhu Mingli in his head and found out that he didn't do anything that much for him except for sleeping with him and well... taking care of the wangfu can also be considered hard, right? so that counts too.

       In the back palace, Consort Wei, his aunt, would also invited him in her hall. She had become lonely after Qiu Yue entered the imperial harem. She was forgotten the moment someone younger and more beautiful than her entered the eyes of the emperor.

       Aye, these pitiful women are no more than just a decorative vase in the corner once forgotten.

       Yan Gen received a handful of letters from Zhu Mingli after more than two weeks.

       He wrote so many letters it seems like he was trying to write a novel or in this case, a journal and I, the publisher.

      His letters didn't contain any informations about the military. Zhu Mingli wouldn't dare to disclose that subject to him, not because he doesn't trust his wife, it's because the spies in the empire might get their hands on his letters on the way to the wangfu.

      Mostly his letters talk about how much he's missing him, is he missing him to? How is he faring? is there someone bothering or bullying him? and whatnots.

       If Yan Gen didn't thought about how much he'll suffer once Zhu Mingli got back, he wouldn't bother replying back to his letters. He's not much of a conversationalist person when it comes to this kind of things aside from talking about his favorite harem novels, online games, and hentai videos.

       Writing a letter instead of typing it feels novelistic for Yan Gen, like an old school.

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer