30

Mike's POV

Will was blushing, I could admit that it was cute even though I felt myself mentally cringe. 

"Yep....we kissed."

"So we can agree on that I guess," I laughed awkwardly.

Did he wanna kiss again? Did I want to kiss again? Stupid question, of course I wanted to kiss him again. But I wanted to be the one to pull him to my lips, to assure him that I wanted this.

I cleared my throat which caused Wills' wandering eyes to land on mine. He looked nervous, scared. I suppose I probably looked the same. But he kept fiddling with the hem of his shirt, his hands ever moving.

I reached out and grabbed his hands to stop their nervous twitch, instead I put them on my shoulders. Then my hands were on his waist and I kissed him again.

And again.

And again.

Just soft, slow, curious kisses. Ones that made my stomach flip and my heart race. 

"MIKE!"

I groaned and pulled away from Will's lips to just be close enough where our foreheads were touching. Dustin was calling my name. Cockblock. Not that I was planning on doing anything, I just wanted to kiss Will forever.

Will seemed breathless. Suddenly I felt very awkward holding him and having the taste of his lips on my own. I cleared my throat and released my grip on him before swiftly turning and walking downstairs.

Don't be suspicious Mike, try not to look like you just kissed one of your closest friends multiple times in your kitchen. I felt like the words 'I kissed Will' were written across my forehead. 

I took a deep breath and saw that Lucas was lying on a couch while Dustin looked at him pitifully. 

"What's going on guys?" I questioned.

Dustin shook his head solemnly, had someone died?

"Just spit it out," I snapped, but I was genuinely curious.

"Max called," Lucas said, his voice sounded far away.

"Oh, are you guys getting back together?"

Lucas scoffed, "No, I don't really think so."

"Oh?"

"Max is gay."

"WHAT?! She's gay?!" I exclaimed. I did not see this coming.

Suddenly Will was running downstairs.

"Mike, you told them?!" He looked scared. 

I was about to say I was talking about another gay friend in our group but Dustin cut me off.

"You knew??"

"What, no. Did you not hear my surprise?"

Lucas sat up, "Then what's Will talking about?"

I gulped. 

We both knew we had fucked up. 

Say something Mike, Will wasn't going to. 

"Does it matter," Dustin said suddenly, "Max is gay, like a full on lesbian...right?"

Lucas shrugged, "she just told me she liked this girl and she was sorry but our relationship was officially over."

"Wait I thought it had already been over for awhile now?" I questioned.

"I mean yeah, but we are kind of off and on, you know?"

I nodded, I did know. 

"So she could be bi," Will piqued up. 

"I guess," Lucas shrugged again. 

"Guys!" Dustin shouted, "Max likes girls!"

I waited anxiously for whatever he was about to say next. I could actually hear Will fidgeting behind me.

"That means we can actually talk to her about girls now! Besides El, everyone in our friend group likes girls!" 

I was more shocked that he said this instead of something slightly homophobic. One of your friends comes out and all you can think about is the girl talk? 

Besides, he was totally off on his statement.

"You really think Max is gonna talk to us about girls?" Lucas asked. "I mean, to be honest, I don't really know, as her ex, if I want to hear her gush over someone else."

Dustin sighed disappointingly, "fair point."

"So..." Will spoke up again, his voice slow and unsure, "are we not going to address the fact that Max is a lesbian, or bi, or whatever?"

I wanted to know too, I wanted to know what Lucas and Dustin were thinking. I wanted to know if they'd react this way when it was my turn, or Will's.

Lucas scoffed, surprisingly, "it's the twenty-first century Will, I'm just kind of annoyed that I didn't see it sooner."

Dustin nodded in agreement.

I smiled.

Well now I know.

-------

I'm backkk. I didn't go anywhere, cough quarantine cough, but I did get obsessed with a new netflix show and it took up all of my time.

But now I think I will focus on writing. Sorry for my binging.