Chapter 64: Let's Go Visit Mère

The girl paused as Haru uttered such a question, finding it both strange and an invasion of her privacy in some way. She shied away from him, an embarrassed blush spreading across her face as she felt great disgust with him. He blinked, waiting for an answer, unknowing of the oddity of his question. She scoffed at him, pushing against his chest to get out of his lap. He released his grip on her, but he continued to remain focused on her answer.

"Why do you keep asking things like that?" she said, putting one of her arms up in defense although he hadn't any intention of attacking her.

The boy tilted his head and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. It didn't occur to him that it wasn't a normal thing to say and he gave a "huh" at it, putting his finger to his lips as he thought deeper about it. Then he let out a surprised noise - as though he stumbled upon something in that dense head of his - and he clasped his hands together. (Y/n) watched him warily, keeping her distance, but listening to his words.

"Are you shy?" he asked, "Is it embarrassing to tell me? Don't worry!"

"That's not it," the girl said, sighing, "Why do you want to know so badly?"

The boy laughed and then leaned on his side, blush dusting his cheeks, though no embarrassment on his features. He started drawing a circle on the bedsheets below him and hummed to himself as if debating whether or not to tell her. Beginning to get annoyed with him, she flicked his forehead and demanded he hurry up and tell her, but he only touched his forehead as though it were a kiss and grinned happily.

"I'll tell you soon," he said, tilting his head, "It's nothing bad, I promise."

"Somehow I doubt that," the girl sighed.

There was a pounding on the other side of the door and before Haru could snap at whoever was on the other side to go away, Yamato entered. He gave the two an almost pouting look before scoffing and rolling his eyes. His gaze landed on the girl and then trailed to Haru before he frowned and began tapping his foot impatiently.

"Hey, I've got a lot to do, so if you wanna go to the hospital, it's going to have to be now," he scoffed, tapping his fingers on the doorway.

"But I was going to spend the morning with - "

"Well, that sucks!" Yamato snapped, "Are you going or not? 'Cuz I'm not waiting!"

"We're coming," the smaller brunette groaned, "You're so grumpy."

While the yakuza heir tried to hide his smirk, (Y/n) saw it, quickly figuring out why he had stormed in and said he was leaving early. While she couldn't say for sure, she came to a theory that he was jealous of Haru being able to spend time with her by himself. It seemed as though, out of spite, he wanted to cut the time short to give him some sense of self-satisfaction. It wasn't as though she was complaining considering that she just wanted some time to herself of which she doubted she would be granted.

Haru picked up one of his sweatshirts and tossed it at the girl, motioning for her to place it on herself. She did just that, figuring that it would be quite cold outside, being in the middle of winter. The brunette grabbed onto her hand, giving her a cheerful smile and leading her out of the room and up the stairs to the third floor. In confusion, the girl pulled her hand away from him, expecting him to reveal something sinister. However, he only opened the door to a room and there was a small chatter before Haru walked out with his baby brother in hand.

"He was here?!" (Y/n) asked in shock, "You have people watching him?"

"Yep, though they're not allowed on the lower floors for...security reasons," the female raised an eyebrow and scoffed, knowing what that entailed, "They're just live-in nannies for him, that's all. He only moved here a few days ago though so I'm trying to get him used to the place. But, please, feel free to play with him whenever you want!"