I'd rather hurt (Than feel nothing at all)

This is the chapter you guys have been waiting for!

This chapter fought me tooth and nail, believe me, or it would've been out sooner.

I used the Osborne Labs thing, cause I didn't know that it was different for MCU Peter, so that's why...

Anyway, I had it written before I knew, and no way was I about to rewrite it. It gave me enough trouble on its own.

Longer chapter, too, because I thought you guys might appreciate it after the long wait.

(Sorry)

Ned met Peter at the door of the school, dragging him to the bus. "C'mon dude! We gotta get the good seats before Flash gets here!"

When they were settled, he turned to his best friend. "This is so freaking cool! Can you imagine what it's gonna be like?"

Peter shrugged, grinning wryly. "Probably not cooler than my dad's labs, but still pretty cool."

"Oh right..." Ned gave a unenthusiastic jazz hands. "You're never going to be impressed by anyone else because Tony Stark is your dad..." he gave a teasing grin. "Besides. Maybe someday you can convince him to let me come over."

"Maybe."

The Osborne facility was huge.

Not in height, but in sprawling, vast buildings that covered what seemed to be miles of land.

A tour guide was waiting in the front lobby, and immediately introduced herself as Jen.

The teacher talked to her quietly, and at one point, he gestured back at Peter.

The teen groaned softly, tipping his head forward to rest on Ned's shoulder. "He's introducing the deaf kid now."

"Dude."

"I know, I know, it's not that big a deal."

"No. Dude."

Peter lifted his head at the reverent tone of his friend's voice, jaw dropping as he saw what Ned was pointing at.

Through a doorway to their right was a room full of science stuff.

Like... actual science stuff.

Stuff that could blow other stuff up.

He only realized he had said it out loud when the tour guide gave him the stink eye.

"Oops."

Ned laughed quietly, pulling Peter to stand at the front of the group.

"Welcome to Osborne Labs," Jen said loudly. "I'll be your guide today, and will take you through the first four levels. This floor is PR, Technological Advancements, and Offices. If you'll follow me, we can get started with the tour."

Peter watched his surroundings with rapt attention, not wanting to miss a second of it.

Ned stayed close, talking excitedly, but quietly in his ear.

They made it to the second floor before one of the kids in the grade above his dropped back, slinging his arm around Peter's shoulders. "Heya Pete."

Glancing awkwardly at him, Peter nodded softly. "Hello Flash."

Flash poked at the hearing aid in his right ear, face twisted in amusement. "Y'know these look like earbuds, huh? Maybe you're just feeling kinda privileged, don't think you have to listen to everyone else, right?"