t w e l v e

May 10; Age 14
She finally did it. I'm happy for her but why does it...

...hurt

"Jungkook, will you be my boyfriend?" I overhear as I take the first step out of the girls bathroom. I knew that the voice was coming from just beyond the lockers.

I knew the voice.

And I certainly knew the name.

I retreat my footstep hesitantly as the rest of their conversation becomes a blur. I scrambled backwards and trip on my own two feet, falling onto my back. The tears cascade down my face as I pushed myself farther with my feet until I hit a wall and finally let my body rest. I sob into my elbows. I was scared.

I was so scared.

Was I going to be abandoned?

A toilet flushes and a surprised girl clad in all pink makes an appearance. She quickly rinses her hands and shuffles over in her high heels to me. She kneels down next to me and rubs my shoulder comfortingly. My breathing ricochets and I find it hard to inhale.

"What can I do to help?" She quietly hums, rubbing my back with one hand and rummaging through her bag with the other.

"I'm fine." I blurt out.

"I didn't ask you if you were fine, I asked you what I could do to help." The girl pulls out an inhaler and shoves it into my hands only to look through her bag again. I inhale the medication and stabilize my breathing, only for her to immediately take the inhaler and give me an orange pill bottle of what I read on the label to be low impact anti depressants.

She helps me to my trembling feet.

I shake out two pills and dryly swallow them before handing the container to the girl.

They could have been other drugs, I thought for the slightest moment. But no. No one would hand out expensive drugs like that.

I hope.

The girl takes the anti depressants and puts them away into her bag.

"My name is Amiee." She reaches out her hand for a shake and I firmly do so.

"Yerin." I introduce.

"Yerin." She repeats.

a/n
Word Count: 363

I love Aimee :,)

©2020 unbelibubblebangtann on wattpad