f o u r t e e n

January 11; Age 15
I am so grateful for Amiee and all she does for me.

"Thank you thank you THANK YOU." The excited girl chirps as she practically runs into the girls restroom. I stroll slowly behind her and I notice her unrestful figure in the doorway.

"Amiee, just leave the door open for me, you go get your stuff set up." I comment. The girl doesn't waste another second to prop open the door and rush into the bathroom with her makeup bag. Approximately 8 months had passed since the library situation and all I can say is that I'm really... not over it. I have a lingering feeling of guilt trapped in my stomach and my thoughts won't falter away from that day. I am not over it.

They haven't broken up, I know that much. If they did, Jungkook would have messaged me right away. Or at least, he would have in the past, would he now? I wouldn't know. I haven't had a proper conversation with him in 8 months... this sucked.

My thoughts had clouded my brain for so long that I hadn't noticed that I was already inside of the bathroom and Aimee was already prepping my face for her makeup. As she removes her hands from my face after applying an eye primer, I look to the door and notice that I had left it wide open... I know I should close it but I was really just too lazy to move from my spot at the moment.

"Thanks for letting me practice on you Yeri~" Amiee coos as she finishes preparing my eyelids for eyeshadow. Amiee told me about her future goals and about how she aspired to become a makeup artist. She told me that she had only practiced on herself before and I had volunteered my face to be her first canvas. She was ecstatic.

Before I know it, the lunch bell had rung signaling students to go back to class but Amiee wasn't done, I thought it was way too lucky that we both had free period after lunch. She takes another 30 minutes and finishes up.

I look into my reflection and admire the work of art on my face, the pretty pastel pink girl had attempted a gothic look and it looked amazing to say the least.

Only a few moments later, I understood why the situation was too lucky for anyone in my situation as I hear two familiar voices. The voices of Jungkook and Ayako.

"Jungkook I don't like Yerin very much." Jungkook's girlfriend mutters. Her footsteps slow down to a halt, very unfortunately only a few feet away from the opened door of the bathroom, I could see them clearly from the inside. Amiee follows my gaze outside.

Ayako attempts to take a step closer to her boyfriend but Jungkook lifts his arm up and places his hand on her shoulder, elbow straightened to keep the distance. "Aya..." He mumbles as he awkwardly but comfortingly rubs the small girl's shoulder.

Was this it? Was I just about to find out that Jungkook hates me as he's hated me this whole time?

Inevitably a tear falls down my cheek and immediately ruins Aimee's hard work. I choke up on my tears, the sound echos in the silent bathroom, Jungkook and Ayako snap their heads immediately and both lock eyes with me. My lip quivers and I have no reason to hide the tears anymore.

Jungkook drops his hand from Ayako's shoulder and slowly makes his way to the bathroom with a look of confusion, pain and regret.

Amiee bolts for the door and as Jungkook sees his last chance, he begins to run too, but he's too late, Amiee had reached the door first, pulled it tightly shut and locked it from the inside.

a/n
Word Count: 641

My school is doing this thing to kill time in quarantine for teachers where they made a parody of the masked singer to promote wearing masks and gloves... teachers had to make their own masks and sing... it was entertaining to say the least

©2020 unbelibubblebangtann on wattpad