New Teacher

Damon's POV

After a lot of screaming and stress in the office I was able to pass through the day. Im currently in the car waiting for George as he get me my coffee. I can feel a brewing headache and I rested my back in the car seat.

"Sir, Your coffee." George hand me my coffee and I can't help but relax as the scent of coffee hits me.

"George, How was Caleb when you dropped him off to school?" I asked him as I was sipping my coffee.

"He was okay sir. He did not throw tantrums or fought with someone from the school." He said with a smile. I nod and looked outside of the  car. I can't help but remember the girl playing with the cat yesterday. She is cute.. truly adorable and innocent.

I smiled and shook my head. Really Damon? Thinking about a girl you just saw yesterday and you did not even talked to yet? Crazy. I continued staring outside the window. We arrived and got out of the car.

I shoved my bag to Daniel and went straight inside the house. I saw Caleb running towards my direction as he jumped on me.

"Hello Dad!" He pretty much shouted in my ear.

"Well Hello to you too young man. How was school?" I asked.

"There was a new teacher..." A new teacher?

"Oh.. A new Teacher?"

"Yup! She's Miss Faye! and she gave me lots of stars too!" He exclaimed while showing me his wrists. I chuckled.

That's new... he usually hated his teachers saying that they are too annoying

"Good Job Kiddo! Im proud of you" I praised as I kissed his cheeks.

"Do you want to have snacks first son?"

"Yess!" I can't help but chuckle. He's so cheerful today I guess he had a good time in school.

"Go ahead in the kitchen, Your Nana is baking your favorite Apple Crumble" He suddenly ran off to the kitchen eager for his favorite snack. I took my coat off as I walk to my office.

"Sir, The matters had been resolved. Well, Cain pretty much made it more messier than it should." He grumbled.
Daniel is quite an uptight man. He wants things to be organized and clean to make sure that there will be no future issues. It adds up as to why he is my right hand man.

"That's good. How is my schedule? I need to go to Italy tomorrow for some conferences and to fix some issues there. It may last a month"

"Yes sir, everything has been handled." He assured.

Now I just need to tell my son about my sudden flight. I have nothing to worry about since my mother will be taking care of my son but she just... tend to be so spoiling. I hope everything goes well. I picked up my phone and called my mother. I flinched as I heard her voice.

"Sweeetieeeee!!!!! How are you son?? How's my grandson? I really missed you! you don't even call me as much now."

"Mom, Im sorry. Im just quite busy these day-" she cut me off

"Is it a woman who's keeping you busy?? When can I meet her?"
I rubbed my temples as I sighed

"Mom. No. remember about taking care of Caleb since I have urgent matters to handle in italy?"

"Oh! that.. Yes, I will be there tomorrow morning don't worry."

"Good, Thanks mom." I heard muffled voices on the background, probably my father

"I'll see you tomorrow son, your dad is here and he is being such an ass." She said giggling earning a "Hey" from my father.

"Okay mom, See you."

I hanged up the phone and started doing paper works after a few hours I glanced at my watched and it ws already 8 pm.

I rest my back on the chair. I was finally able to finish all the paper works for today. I was so busy these days and my schedule is so packed. I decided to go in Caleb's room to tell him about my urgent flight.

I knocked on the door and after a while Caleb opened the door while rubbing his eyes.

"Yes Dad?" I picked him up and set him on the bed.

"Young Man. Dad have urgent matters to fix in Italy. But your grandma is going to here to take care of you.." I can see the disappointment in his eyes as it slightly watered

"Are you going to take long?"I sighed and pet his head.

"I may have to stay there for a month.. But I will come home as soon as possible okay?" He nodded and hugged me. I rubbed his back to comfort him.

"Sleep now, You have school tomorrow and your grandma is going to be here tomorrow."

"Yes, Dad" He said as he laid his back in his bed. I pulled the blanket over his body.

"Goodnight Daddy"

"Goodnight son" I smiled as I walked out of his room.