The beginning

It started all long time ago, I was almost 17 years old, it was a usual day between the sand dunes of meteor city.
I was minding my own business, inside an old destroyed church, nowhere near the chaotic days in the streets of meteor city, quietly reading a book while a fresh breeze was caressing my hairs, it was always good when I wasn't on the streets under that incredible heat. It was all so good, no concerns whatsoever, so quiet and calm.
So quiet and calm until some random guy entered in the church, That was a surprise.
Did anyone else know about this place?
Well whatever I don't think that he is going to cause me troubles, If he is actually here just to cause me troubles I'll just quickly dispose of him, right?
Well actually that guy was searching for me, he quietly sit down on top of a desk and looked straight in my eyes.
"What do you want? It's not like I have done anything bad to anyone in particular so..."
"What a beautiful place, so quiet and far away from the chaos" he simply replied.
"You know I like reading too and I think that I am going to use this place too" he stated.
I was genuinely interested so I simply asked
"Why are you here? Did I do something to you?"
"My name is chrollo, I would like to ask you to join my organization, you seem to be a reliable guy"
"Well at least tell me more about your organization, It's not like that I am not interested, it's just that you know I have never cooperated before"
Chrollo: "Well you see, if you weren't interested you wouldn't talk like that so I think that I can tell you what I am talking about.
My organization is also known as the phantom troupe or the spiders, we are bandits, we steal, we kill, but we are more than just an organization, we are more like a family."
" The spiders uh? Yeah of course I know the infamous phantom troupe, and this will probably shock you but, Yes I'll join."
He then looked at me a bit surprised and quietly said: " umh, I understand so little about humans sometimes, you just agreed to join us out of nowhere, but that's the kind of people I am looking for, you truly didn't break a sweat, I think that the others will like you"
I didn't even shifted my gaze out of my book, I was still reading while we were talking, then I stood up and said with a low but excited voice :
" Well? I hope to see the others soon, that may sound strange but I don't have a real home or a place to go, I don't have any purposes in my life and finding a family and something to do is all I ask for, I really don't care if what we are going to do is questionable, no real family worries about that as long as the stay united right?".
He then looked at me smiled and said: " You truly are an odd one, and that is what I am searching for, thrust me everyone inside the troupe is exactly like you, we were searching a purpose in our lives and the we created the troupe, this is all we always asked for, this is all we need, something to sacrifice for, something to live for,something to die for.
Living this life was harsh and it's still is, but now everyone knows that even if we are going to die our legacy is going to stay, the spider will survive forever and that's the only thing we need to know to stay reassured."
"I perfectly get it, to someone of the outside world this may seem impossible, how's possible that people identify a group of mass murderers as home? That's the harshness of meteor city. You know I am eager to meet the others, please tell me more about them along the way"

Chrollo picked up a book from the ground, looked at it and said: "astronomy, what a fascinating subject, well you should pick up all of your books beacause we have a lot of free time, it's not like that we always do heists, most of the time everyone minds his own business and just does whatever he wants, we aren't always all united but we generally share the same home. Please try to not tease other members and never pick up a fight, if two memberd have an argument we flip a coin, also I am the head and my orders are top priority, but remember I am not your top priority, the survival of the spider is the priority."
I was stunned, such a charismatic and enigmatic man, selfless and cold, he became my model of inspiration.
Along the way he explained that I needed to do my own spider tattoo wherever I wanted, he explained that there is the information gathering squad and everyone else must protect them, he also explained that no one calls him chrollo beacause inside the spider he is danchou or boss.
He wasn't much of a talker and he explained only the strict necessary, at a certain point he just stopped and said: " Well here we are, that building that you see faraway in the middle of nowhere is our home, I'll go pick up something for lunch you can go without me."
I just nodded and started thinking this is a test isn't it? It's like he wants to see if I can present myself without him? Maybe I am just a bit suspicious and he trust the troupe and knows that nothing bad will happen.
As I was walking closer to the building a sense of tension was filling up my guts, but the without even noticing it a bumped in someone outside of the building.

The blonde man looked at me, he was pissed and a vein popped out of his forehead " Uh? Who are you? What are you doing here? Just go away, Now!".
"S-sorry, it's just that I was thinking while walking and I didn't notice you, don't take that as a personal offense, I don't even know you yet".
He looked at me baffled, he was upset but he wasn't really angry he sighed and looked away
But then he looked again straight in my eyes and said : " What do you mean? Don't know you YET?". I just looked at the building and then back at him " Well this is kinda awkward, I was suspicious but now I am sure, the boss didn't tell you anything about me joining didn't he? My name is Tenshi but just call me Tey if doesn't bother you, I am not someone who will cause you troubles, Trust me I won't bother anyone". His eyes were literally burning and throwing daggers at me " Man what the fuck? The boss Wouldn't recruit some random guy like you, and most of all he would tell us something like that", I sensed a sudden movement behind me and then ... "phinks already picking up fights with the new member? Your habit of picking up fight has never changed it can't be helped", " danchou is he really?" "I told you, as I said my name is Tenshi, call me just Tey if that doesn't bother you.", he just looked away sighed and said " It's phinks". "Well phinks I am glad that you greeted out new member, anyway now I have to go,this is the stuff for lunch" and then chrollo just disappeared, " Man the spider really seems like a home, there is even the dumb older brother", "ehy what did you say about me you brat?" "C'mon just take that lightly, I don't like to judge others, that was just a joke".
As I entered the building A blonde guy stared at me with wide open eyes " oh, that's a surprise, I am shalnark the number six it's a pleasure" he greeted shaking my hand, " Well it's good to see that at least not everyone is like phinks, I am Tenshi but just call me Tey ok?"
" Tey uhm? Sound actually nice, so how old are you?" I put down my backpack with some of my stuff sighed and said: " I am almost 17, sly Gluttony reserved calm cold and a bit of a jerk, I like reading discovering and understanding things, I do things at my own pace and I am a bit stubborn and basically unbotherable",
" Well I see, interesting, you seem to be a trustworthy guy, are you a manipulator?"
"Well actually yes I am a manipulator, What about you?"
" i am 19 I like technology and maths, I am sly and extrovert methodical and cold, i am a manipulator as well". We chatted for a while showing each other our major interest and guessing each others personalities until I saw a girl walking downstairs, "Who are you taking to shalnark? Has anyone finally picked up some of you strange complex and technological hobbies?" " Umh no wonder, so you are the geeky guy inside here shal?", 

"Who is he" she asked a bit confused, " uh oh, just the new member." Shalnark said with a clueless voice, " Uh yeah, I am definitely just the new guy nothing important", "pff, I am machi, the boss should tell us things like this, well anyway I hope that you are comfortable.", " Well thanks machi I am Tenshi but just call me Tey, By the way how many members are there? I only met 4 so far." " There are also Nobunaga, Uvo, Franklin, pakunoda,Feitan and kortopi, and Tenshi By the way you are here to replace which number? 4 or 8?" Shalnark asked, "uh I actually forget to tell you guys that I am the new number 4, also were should I go to make my spider tattoo?" "There is a place, i'll show you later" phinks said grumbling, " Oh fuck, were did you come from phinks? Damn you scared me." Shalnark said with a obnoxiously high pitched voice, "isn't it obvious? From the window.", "Uh? What the hell?" Was the only thing that I managed to spit out, "Phinks it isn't obvious, at all, what kind of monkey enters from the window instead of using the door?"machi said with a obvious tone if annoyance in her voice, " Well whatever, as I said I'll show you this evening" he said.
"shalnark you should show him his bedroom right?" Machi said with an unusual sof tone of her voice, "yeah that's right Tey come with me I'll show you your room".

While we were walking upstairs I was still thinking about machi and phinks, so I just asked to shalnark " shal, you seem to be honest so I'll ask you, machi seemed really bitter but in the end when she asked you to walk me to my room she seemed softer, kinda the same for phinks, he is trying to do the role of the big furious douchebag but it seems like he does genuinely care, I mean are they going to accept me?"
"Yes they have already accepted you, everyone will accept you since the moment that the boss has accepted you, if he trusts you we are going to trust you, they just don't know you very well yet, and yes machi is a softie inside and phinks is kinda like the protective older brother" shalnark was still smiling as always, how the fuck could someone like him be a part of the troupe? As I walked inside my room the first thing that I thinked about was that I finally made it, I have finally something like a home, something to live for, something to die for, something to sacrifice for.