13

"Caden." I whispered under my breath as I saw him coming closer and closer. I quickly wiped off whatever tears were left in my eyes and cheek and breathed a sigh of relief that atleast it was not an unfamiliar face.

But I was afraid of this familiar face more than any of the unfamiliar faces.

"For whom are you waiting for?" He asked the first thing he saw me.

"No one." I said and passed him a friendly smile to which he growled angrily making my insides churn.

"Do you even know how dangerous it is to be in an isolated park at midnight in nothing, but that?!" He asked, stepping closer and pointing his finger up and down my clothes. I instinctively tried to pull my t-shirt down, but a hand on my arm stopped me.

"You could have gotten kidnapped, murdered—" His tone lowered down an octave and was almost an angry, husky whisper. He sat beside me and trailed his finger along my thighs making me shiver,"—Or worse, raped."

"No one comes here at this time." I tried to keep my voice steady and unfaltered, but his finger trailing on my upper thigh was making it hard for me to not squirm in my place.

"I did." He whispered, huskily and I looked into his dark eyes before grabbing his hand and subtly pushing it away.

"You won't rape me." His eyes turned dark as a sin and he grabbed my hand that was trying to push his hand away from my thigh and gave my body a jerk, pulling me closer.

"Don't be so sure, sunshine. You don't even know me." He brought his face closer, almost brushing his lips against mine, to which I instinctively pulled away, but his firm grip on my waist pulled me closer.

"I know you enough to know that you won't do any such thing to me." I whispered back, afraid that if I spoke any louder our lips would brush.

"You think everyone has got a good soul?" He bit my lower lip and I intake a breath, now afraid as to what he was about to do next, "Atleast not me."

With that said, he pressed his lips on the crook of my neck making my heartbeats go wild. My nerves were all over the place and my breathing pattern was going crazy. A good thing was my headache had subsided or else I was sure I'd have fainted.

He trailed his lips from my neck to my mouth, but I turned my head away, making him kiss on my cheek. He pulled me closer and made me sit on his lap, one of his hands dangerously up my thigh and other resting on my bum.

"Caden!" I tried, pushing him away, but in no time I was lying on the bench with him hovering on top of me. One of his hand was holding both of my hands above my head and the other went inside my t-shirt, riding higher and higher.

Tears started pooling in my eyes and I closed my eyes shut hoping that all of this was a dream and would go away when I open my eyes, but all of this was real. I had too many good memories attached with this park, on this specific bench, but I was never going to have good memories again when I come here.

If I ever decide to come here, that is.

All I was going to feel was how I lost my innocence just because I was stupid enough to trust every person. Not my fault, I thought there was good in everyone. There has to be good in everyone!

"Still think I can't do any such things to you?" I shook my head vigorously, trying to pull my hands away from his grip, as tears started rolling down my cheeks.

"Never be too sure of anyone, sunshine."

"S-Sorry." I muttered, looking at him with blurry vision.

In no time, he pulled away and was standing at a good distance as I sobbed silently. I didn't know my day could turn from good to bad and to worse in just moments. Oh, how I wished I had a normal life like every other person because then I won't be having any arguments with Gracie and I won't be sitting on this bench crying my eyes out.

"In past two months, five rape cases have been reported in this very park. You are lucky it was me, if it would be any other person you'd be begging for your innocence." I didn't understand whether to be grateful to him for what he did or ungrateful to him for what he did.

"T-Thank you." I whispered and pulled my t-shirt down, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand.

"You don't have to act fake and smile at me, there is no one here and I can see the act right through your soul." He said, rudely making me look up at him.

"I am not acting." I said, stubbornly as a sob escaped my lips.

"How can you still smile and say thank you even after what I did to you?"

"Because I know you would never do any such horrible thing to me or anyone for that matter. Maybe your way of showing care is different, but you did save me, twice and I am really thankful to you for that."

"Are you sick in there?" He asked, pressing his index finger on my forehead making me chuckle at my destiny, "No, I am sick all over."

"Go home and don't ever be out again at this time, especially in just a t-shirt."

"I am wearing shorts underneath."

"You look homeless." He said, raking his eyes up and down my body making me shift from foot to foot.

None of us said anything after that. The walk to home was silent and peaceful. Ofcourse, he was not walking beside me, but rather a good few feet behind making it look like he did not care if I reached safely or not making me smile inwardly at this caring gesture. Once, I reached home, he walked away in opposite direction as I kept on looking at him until he was not at sight anymore.

Taking a deep breath, I turned the door knob hoping that it's open, so that I did not have to face any awkward interaction with Grace, but maybe the stars were not on my side today, at all because the door was open and Grace was sitting in the middle of the floor, her cheeks tear drenched looking horrible.

"Oh god, Gracie!" I rushed towards her and hugged her tightly and she returned the gesture almost immediately. I rubbed my hand on her back, comforting her as I whispered 'sorry's in her ear till she was completely calmed down.

"I don't know why you don't want to get treated Rosa, but I promise, I'll never talk about this ever again. Just please never walk away like this, ever again. I am sorry, Rosa, I am really sorry."

"Please forgive me for not getting the treatment, Gracie, but I can't. I am really sorry."

•••••••

As promised.

Stay indoors, stay safe, stay hygienic, stay healthy.